Unlimited access >

Christiane Noelting Dressage Center?

What experiences have people had with this barn? Christiane seemed very sweet when I emailed her. What are their boarding options and prices? What is included? How much are lessons? How much is full time, and/or part time training? What’s included in that? What’s the atmosphere like?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

I have only one experience with CNDC, and no experience with Christiane directly, but several people in my area have fairly extensive experience with her. I’ll start with my own experiences.

I attended a CDS clinic there last fall. She offered use of her facilities but was not actively involved in any other capacity. The facilities are beautiful but not very friendly. If you’re looking for a close knit atmosphere, you won’t find it there. It was also very spendy - for clinic stabling, we were charged the full weekend (Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday) show rate for one day and one night.

The experiences other people have had were less than favorable, most revolving around money. The general consensus seems to be that unless money is no object for you, she’s not particularly interested. Several people have stories of her walking out in the middle of lessons to attend to more “important” clients.

I know very little about her actual training or teaching techniques or prices. She might be a good fit for you. Take what you will from what I have said here…like I said, my firsthand experience is super limited, and the rest is one side of the story. Good luck!

Pming you.

To add some specifics, I’m an almost fifteen year old para dressage rider that’s been riding for five years. We’re looking for a dressage barn that’s pretty calm, but still competitive. I currently am at an eventing barn where there is a road right next to both our arenas, and it’s resulted in making me and my horse’s confidence as a team being flushed down the toilet. Plus being at a dressage barn I’d have the access to the trainers, shows, clinics, horses, sponsors, etc to get me to my goal of 2020 Tokyo Paralympics. Money is an object for us, as I’m a disabled kid, that’s one of a set of triplets.

I found her to be very personable and she spent a lot of time with me over a weekend when I was looking to buy. I dont remember seeing much as far as lessons going on when I was there. She did increase the prices on the horses I was interested in after I had verified the prices with her before taking off work and flying there so I didn’t buy.

All that said, it seems to me to be more of a sales barn than a lesson barn.

My advice to you is to seek out someone already doing what you want; training paraequestrians. They will already know all the ropes and rules and have some tools to help you. I think the key for you will be matching up with someone with a passion for training paraequestrians and not someone doing it on the side.

Best of luck to you.

If your goal is big scale Para I would reach out to some of the trainers that work with the current team para riders. Even if they are not in CA, they may be able to direct you to some barn/trainer options in your area that you don’t even know about yet but will have a better shot at getting you to your goal of Tokyo. I am not in your area, but there is a rider very local to me that rode in London - and the trainer that she works with doesn’t have a large scale barn, but has trained both para and non-para riders, including being the coach for a NAJYRC region team for several years.

If international competition is a serious goal for you, you definitely need not only the right barn to progress your and your horse’s skills, but a trainer that is well-versed in the path and politics to get you there. That type of trainer can also make sure that you & your parents understand the financial commitment that a goal as large as that may require so you can determine if it even feasible. Not trying to burst your bubble, but that level of competition requires a substantial financial investment. I know what the competitive NAJYRC kids spend is just staggering, so I wouldn’t even want to wrap my head around what a serious attempt at the national Para team might involve.

I’ll send you a PM a little later on today.

I would be well worth your time to speak with Susan Treabess. She is a grade 4 para rider (and trainer) in the Sacramento area. She, hopefully, will be on the 2014 WEG team. She competes as an able bodied rider as well. She pretty much knows all the bay area trainers and barns and can guide you more appropriately than any of us on an internet BB.

Christiana’s barn is a very nice show barn. But ‘sweet’ isn’t one of the words I automatically think of! She is very german in her approach to riding and stable and show management. Are you living in the Vacaville area? It’s quite a hike for most of the bay area to get out there.
Pricing and training package info is best obtained directly from her rather than from here.

We are looking into Susan. I know her from taking a lesson and going to a clinic. Issues with her are that this year is a WEG year, and she is very busy, and Winters is an hour from us.

I would recommend speaking with Barbara Grassmeyer as well - she would be able to guve you some very good insight.

[QUOTE=DoomPony;7572095]
We are looking into Susan. I know her from taking a lesson and going to a clinic. Issues with her are that this year is a WEG year, and she is very busy, and Winters is an hour from us.[/QUOTE]

I’m suggesting emailing or calling her for advice on where to take lessons/board in the bay area. Not necessarily recommending you go train with her. But if there is anyone in NorCal who knows the most appropriate facilities and trainers for a para rider - it would be Susan.

[QUOTE=exploding pony;7572132]
I would recommend speaking with Barbara Grassmeyer as well - she would be able to guve you some very good insight.[/QUOTE]
How would I go about contacting her? Where does she train out of?

[QUOTE=DoomPony;7572161]
How would I go about contacting her? Where does she train out of?[/QUOTE]

I believe she is still in El Dorado Hills. I don’t know that she herself gives lessons. I thought she was an amateur, but certainly a good contact for information. (And her last name is spelled Grassmyer. That may help you find contact info.).

CrowneDragon - that was my thought. Barbara might have some great insight/recommendations as she competed successfully for many years as a para rider.

Sent you a pm.