Unlimited access >

Cleaning my bridle

Hi all :slight_smile:
I bought a showmark jumper bridle in October and I have been super happy with it. Everything has been keeping its color nicely, except for the fuzz on the noseband. It’s not extremely discolored or anything, I just notice it’s starting to change its color a little bit. Is there anyway that I can clean the fuzz without ruining it? I have a show this weekend and would love to somehow make the fuzz go back to its normal color. Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

When I had a 5 point breastplate with fuzzies I would just hose the fuzzy part down after every ride then clean the leather. No harm done. You could even use a little Castile soap or Woolite or something to get the fuzzy part really clean.

Is the fuzz real sheepskin? If it is I would try a leather laundry detergent like this:
http://greenhawk.com/wdItemDesc.asp?strilhID=Web&strmdNumber=STO9561&stricSKU=STO9561
Mix it with some water and use a sponge or cloth to scrub the fuzz. Once it’s dry you can use a cat comb to fluff the hairs back up. I use this stuff to wash my sheepskin half pads and it does a great job and doesn’t dry out the leather.

Help os another good sheepskin cleaner. Be careful what detergents you use on sheepskin, the wrong ones can really mess them up. Dog slickers are great to use on it too, it keeps the sheepskin nice and fluffy.