Unlimited access >

Clifton Saddlery (Centreville, VA) CLOSING

:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

Clifton Saddlery is closing. Liquidation starts today. This store (back in the old building) was such a huge part of my childhood. I got my first tall boots from there on Clifton Day one year, wore them all day, and ended up with terrible blisters!

I’m not really surprised, I know it’s hard for any store to keep their doors open in the days of Amazon, and horses are slowly but surely moving out of Fairfax County. But I’m still sad. :cry:

It was inevitable I suppose. The store has never been quite as good since the original owner sold up. I was glad to see some of the staff stayed after the sale but the move to Centreville, while I’m sure made sense to the new owner financially, put it in the “geographically undesirable” location for us.

Clifton Saddlery, in it’s heyday, was akin to Dominion Saddlery and Skeeters back in the seventies. A place with warmth. When I opened their email this morning I had a wave of memories wash over me.

The closing was coming I guess. Last time I was there it seemed to be more a pet store with a few horse items than a saddlery.

God, I haven’t been there in YEARS, but I’ll make a trip over before they close. That sucks, but I bet it’s hard with a Dover store so close. I always go to the Middleburg Tack Exchange… at least it seems like business is still good for them!

It was handy because they sold feed. Sorry to see them go, but I understand the economics.

Sad to hear it is closing. Clifton Saddlery, as mentioned, has been around FOREVER!

I went Saturday morning and the shelves were already fairly bare–it kind of makes sense that they haven’t been restocking a lot of items recently, plus all the people who stopped in to say goodbye and found an item they didn’t realize they needed… :slight_smile: There’s no exact closing date–once there’s no more normal stock left, they will be selling all the furniture and fixtures, then closing the doors. So if you wanted to stop by better do it sooner than later.

[QUOTE=Gamma;8642509]
:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

Clifton Saddlery is closing. Liquidation starts today. This store (back in the old building) was such a huge part of my childhood. I got my first tall boots from there on Clifton Day one year, wore them all day, and ended up with terrible blisters![/QUOTE]

Me too :frowning: I got many bridles and tack. I got my first Ariats there. Such a beautiful area and there was so much stuff to go through.

Double L and Dominion was where I basically lived at though…lol

I miss these areas so much :frowning:

[QUOTE=Nootka;8646515]

Double L and Dominion was where I basically lived at though…lol

I miss these areas so much :([/QUOTE]

Dominion was the BEST. I was so angry when Dover bought them out.