Unlimited access >

Clipping experts- please help

This winter I clipped my horse twice, most recently in December. However just last week his belly and sides were closely clipped for ultrasound. Now he looks like this:

http://s1008.photobucket.com/user/ivyhallhorse/library/Mobile%20Uploads

My initial thought was to go ahead and full body clip him a week before his next show (probably in April) to even things out but now I have noticed he is already shedding!!!

So, clipping experts, what should I do in order to get my horse looking back to normal as quickly as possible?

Thank you!

He will continue to shed even after you clip him. I would go ahead and give him a full body clip. Or clip cool designs and/or slogans/sayings into him. Your choice ;).

full body clip

What a sexy boy… I would IMO go ahead and do a full body clip.

All my horses stay body clipped even the ones that don’t show. Why? I am allergic to horse hair lol but to get him looking normal I would full body clipping is the way to go!

Clip.

As an aside, that barn is gorgeous. Do you actually keep horses in it?!

I think the diagonal stripe looks pretty cool. :slight_smile:

Let it grow out a bit before doing the full body clip. That is a surgical length clip and most body clippers will leave hair longer.

If you’re not showing until April, definitely leave it to two weeks or a week before the show to do the full clip. That should allow the surgical length some time to grow out some so the two clips blend better.

[QUOTE=TwoDreamRides;7453517]
Let it grow out a bit before doing the full body clip. That is a surgical length clip and most body clippers will leave hair longer.

If you’re not showing until April, definitely leave it to two weeks or a week before the show to do the full clip. That should allow the surgical length some time to grow out some so the two clips blend better.[/QUOTE]

I agree.