Unlimited access >

Cob sized reins

The reins on my jumping bridle are in need of replacement, I only ride ponies so I’m in need of a cob set of reins. I event so they don’t need to be laced. I prefer that they have stops and some rubber somewhere.

I use the shorter length thin line reins on my two 14:2 hand Welsh ponies. Work beautifully!

I have been coveting these reins: https://www.worldequestrianbrands.com/product/edwina-jumper-reins-with-hook-studs/

They are advertised as being a little shorter. Having held them, I love that the stops are a little closer together.

check out PS of Sweden - I bought some lovely cob reins from Farm House a few months ago - buttery soft leather, super thin and not bulky, extra hand stops and a fine grippy rubber lining on the inside. Mine are black, but I noticed they had both black and havana.

The Edwina jumper reins are amazing! I have several sets of these with the buckle ends for both my jumping and dressage bridles. A trainer friend of mine rode my horse and now she owns several sets of these reins as do many of her students. They have a super feel, good width, the grips are in the correct place and the length works for all of my critters which are on the smaller side 14.2-15.3.

Couple weeks late but I just ordered these exact reins from horseloverz (I know, not “top shelf” but wide selection and PONY length rubber reins with stops).

Depending on what color you need, I really like my Flexible Fit reins. My only complaint is that the leather is so dark - but they are soft and great quality!