Unlimited access >

Cock-a-doodle-do: I'm going to crow

My horse did very well at a clinic this past weekend even if he had static cling with his fuzzier coat. This was a clinic with Hans Biss. He went on the bit very easily and listened very well to my aids. You must understand that the last time I rode with Biss my horse saw something he did not like, reared straight up, spun around and crow hopped away. Each session had at least two bucks in it. But this time he was very good. In fact he listened so well, now I have realized I use my left rein aid too much and must lighten it. We did three days of nothing but transitions and connection. AND deep although it was called stretching. He had us do an exercise of leg-yield at the walk and be on the bit and connected and then transition to trot and continue the leg yield. It was what I needed then to fully understand keeping the connection through the transition.

Ahhhh! Success! It’s worth the wait! However that rearing up would have caused me to purchase a new package of depends!! I’m such a chicken sh*t, I would of made my trainer ride him next! Ha! It’s not pretty being a coward. Ho hum!

Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!

Did the clinician ask, “What did you do with that other awful horse?”

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

But I always get comments about his Spooky-Lukey Trahkener behavior.

My horse did very well at a clinic this past weekend even if he had static cling with his fuzzier coat. This was a clinic with Hans Biss. He went on the bit very easily and listened very well to my aids. You must understand that the last time I rode with Biss my horse saw something he did not like, reared straight up, spun around and crow hopped away. Each session had at least two bucks in it. But this time he was very good. In fact he listened so well, now I have realized I use my left rein aid too much and must lighten it. We did three days of nothing but transitions and connection. AND deep although it was called stretching. He had us do an exercise of leg-yield at the walk and be on the bit and connected and then transition to trot and continue the leg yield. It was what I needed then to fully understand keeping the connection through the transition.

Good for you, Marianne!!!

I love success stories.