Unlimited access >

Cody Dorman

Great @2DogsFarm , now I have to buy one if they do this. :smile: How much do they cost? I haven’t had a Breyer horse since I was 10yrs old.

1 Like

I don’t know about the current prices, but years ago I was looking at the catalog my friend had for her daughter. There was a Breyer bridle that cost more than an actual leather bridle I had just gotten on sale at a real tack shop. Lol.

Come to think of it, that daughter is about to turn 30 next month. Yikes. Where does the time go?!?!?

1 Like

:woman_shrugging:
Breyer catalog prices are all over the place :pleading_face:
A NoName horse or other animal runs $8.49.
But the Cody’s Wish will ding you $51.99 (with not a penny going to Make-A-Wish after their “generous” $10K).
Then there’s this anomaly:

WTEverlovin’F :crazy_face:
How is this an antelope of any species?
$195 for this obviously repurposed HORSE

Not expecting any rationale soon from Ms Marketing.
But I may have to ask her about this :unamused:

3 Likes

That’s pretty offensive.

I don’t know anything about the production costs, but I have to think they could make a two dollar donation from each purchase and still pocket at least $45 from every transaction.

I doubt the production costs on that one are much different from all the other generic ones they sell for eight dollars.

2 Likes

Is it at least a new mold or did they recycle with a new paint job?

1 Like

@MHM Agreed.
Look upthread for Ms Marketing’s email & maybe let her know how that sits with you.

Maybe if her Inbox gets stuffed…
COTH Investigates! :female_detective:

@Mara The Pronghorn?*
The least they could have done was retool a deer mold. :confused:
If I enlarge, it appears they tried to make the ears into antlers :crazy_face:
& Show me an antelope with that tail :rage:

If you mean the Cody’s Wish, probably just a new paint job.
Unless they have a back stock of bays that mostly match :frowning:

*ETA:
Talk about an Epic Fail! :joy:
Here’s a real Pronghorn:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I really thought it was just a case of mismatching the photo and the text! This is just…sad.

I’m dying to know if anyone bought it.

2 Likes

Well, if it has Yellowstone in the title, there’s probably somebody who bought it.

Speaking as an extremely recent convert to the show Yellowstone. Lol.

2 Likes

The “pronghorn” is just lazy. I mean, they did manage a white-tailed buck:

Methinks they had a bunch of leftovers from a model that didn’t sell well. I never cared as much about the ones that stood on a base. That limited creativity when playing with the “herd”.

ETA: The “Wronghorn Cantelope” was a super limited edition for Collector’s Club members only. And there was a drawing to pick the “lucky” folks who got the privilege of forking over $150 Washingtons for one.
On the FB post there were a couple of polite “Pass” posts, but mostly they were fangirling all over it.

1 Like

Bolding mine.
I’ll email tonight. $51.99? That’s ridiculous. What a terrible way to capitalize on that poor kids’ great experience with Cody’s Wish, his passing, and the kindness of Godolphin and the Make A Wish Foundation.

2 Likes

Email sent. I didn’t mention the horse in antelope’s clothing though. :grin:

2 Likes

:rofl:
That’s funny!
But the backstory? Sad :disappointed_relieved:
Just how Stoopid were the Chosen Few?

ETA:
I wonder if the Collectors Club was ever offered a Jackalope… Or a Snipe :thinking:

1 Like

I just came across this on the Godolphin website. It turns out they do sell a Cody’s Wish sweatshirt and hat. It doesn’t mention anything about a philanthropic aspect to it, but they’ve certainly already put a lot into the family’s experiences with the horse.

2 Likes
8 Likes

Different article from the TDN one; this one’s by Steve Haskin.

5 Likes

Oof.

Make sure you have a tissue or 3 before reading

2 Likes

I needed a towel.

Ironically, Breyer actually HAS a pronghorn mold!

https://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/identify/Animals/pronghorna.htm

What a weird way to cash in on the Yellowstone hype. I was so excited to go to the REAL Yellowstone (National Park) last spring, and the number of people in Virginia asking if I was going to Yellowstone Ranch was disappointing.

2 Likes

Then all I can say is WhutTheEff!?! :crazy_face:

ETA:
No further communique from Breyer’s Maven of Marketing :unamused:

1 Like