Cold laser, anyone?

Has anyone had any cold laser therapy done and how did you like it?

I had it done today on some arthritic hand joints and I “think” it helped. It was the (ML83O - by the microlight company). The PT says I should have pretty good success with it as it has good penetration on small joints, such as the hand.

Thanks.

I have been having it for about a month now. On a bad back. It has helped me tremendously! Like you said, at first you “think” it may have helped but as your body responds you should feel better and know it.
It helped an old issue I have had with my back for years…it is 50% better which is amazing since nothing else has helped. I do not expect anymore than that. The other side of my back was a new injury and between the laser and PT it is all fixed!
Keep me posted how it goes!

I’m so very, very glad for you, P.N.!! Do you know which laser they use on you? How often do you get treated? That is excellent!

I’ll update with any progress. I’m going to be treated twice a week.

Well wishes to you and thanks for your reply.

(I have had birds for years, currently have an extremely friendly cockatiel & am a birdwatcher, just btw.)

It helped remove the stiffness and pain from my healing ankle (broken tib/fib). I use the TQ Solo and it’s home health cousin, the medical quant Handy Cure s. It will also help speed wound healing.

So glad it’s helping you, Cowgirl! :slight_smile:

Revised: It appears that you can buy them without a prescription. I didn’t realize that.

Does anyone know of other highly recommended brands/vendors or, conversely, which to avoid? What should I look for/consider, besides high nm(s)? Thanks so much.

I’ll try the one at PT for awhile still first, but this might a good purchase.

[QUOTE=beaujolais;8956072]
So glad it’s helping you, Cowgirl! :slight_smile:

Revised: It appears that you can buy them without a prescription. I didn’t realize that.

Does anyone know of other highly recommended brands/vendors or, conversely, which to avoid? What should I look for/consider, besides high nm(s)? Thanks so much.

I’ll try the one at PT for awhile still first, but this might a good purchase.[/QUOTE]

If you are a member of USEF, you can use Member Perks to get a discount on the TQ Solo. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=beaujolais;8955793]
I’m so very, very glad for you, P.N.!! Do you know which laser they use on you? How often do you get treated? That is excellent!

I’ll update with any progress. I’m going to be treated twice a week.

Well wishes to you and thanks for your reply.

(I have had birds for years, currently have an extremely friendly cockatiel & am a birdwatcher, just btw.)[/QUOTE]

I will ask my Doctor what kind his is, but It definitely is not a unit you can carry. It has a big base.
My horse chiropractor has a “mobile” hand held one she uses on the horses that don’t take to acupuncture . she also uses it on herself. She is a veterinarian .

I was, at first going for 3 treatments a week because I could barley walk due to “throwing out” my back. Now after 1 month going twice a week. As I get better it will be less and less.

Birds: I am nutz…Have 3 double yellow headed amazons, a severe mini macaw, a scarlet macaw and a military macaw. Have had one for 20 years and the rest between 17 and 15 years. Living with non domesticated birds with the intelligence of 3 to 5 yr old children is interesting. Only difference is I can put them in their cages and its not called"child abuse" :slight_smile:

Thanks, P.N., Your feathered family sounds awesome. :slight_smile: You know, I vaguely remember cruising your ParrotNutz site in the past. Wishing you continued healing and wellness.

[QUOTE=beaujolais;8958772]
Thanks, P.N., Your feathered family sounds awesome. :slight_smile: You know, I vaguely remember cruising your ParrotNutz site in the past. Wishing you continued healing and wellness.[/QUOTE]

Thanks…I was getting a laser treatment and looked at the machine. Doc said its a professional model…it is really a big base on a table…not for us amateurs. :slight_smile:

Thanks again, PN!