Unlimited access >

Colored stirrup leathers

I’ve been looking for colored stirrup leathers to match my colors (hot pink and black). Has anyone seen these anywhere? I thought I saw them a couple years ago.

I’ve never seen them. You could always get black and put pink fleece covers on them (I’ve only seen people do this because they got rubbed, but you could do it because you like the colors I guess.) I can’t imagine pink leather would do very well, especially with black boots rubbing against it.

http://pinkequine.com/acatalog/Colour_Stitched_Stirrup_Leathers.html#a3029

will those work?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/281148517044

I am just starting to play around with custom pieces. (Please don’t take this as advertising) I’m just offering some thoughts. I am currently working on a halter in my colors. Black halter with pink and blue double padding.
If I wanted stirrup leather in those colors, I would either do a standard black leather and stitch it in pink thread (wouldn’t be visible from far away) or measure down from top of leather to where you normally ride and pad the leather with pink padding having the padding stop before you get to where the iron normally sits. It would be like the padding on a halter. Then you would see just a sliver of pink on either side of your stirrup leather contrasting against the saddle. (Rather pretty I would think!)

Aaspen - Oh, you should totally try the colored stirrup leathers idea? :slight_smile: I think those are hard to find and some eventers my love it (I like the idea of just the stitching being colored…and maybe padding? But not sure I can visualize how padding would work, from a function perspective)

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Aaspen;7411876]
I am just starting to play around with custom pieces. (Please don’t take this as advertising) I’m just offering some thoughts. I am currently working on a halter in my colors. Black halter with pink and blue double padding.
If I wanted stirrup leather in those colors, I would either do a standard black leather and stitch it in pink thread (wouldn’t be visible from far away) or measure down from top of leather to where you normally ride and pad the leather with pink padding having the padding stop before you get to where the iron normally sits. It would be like the padding on a halter. Then you would see just a sliver of pink on either side of your stirrup leather contrasting against the saddle. (Rather pretty I would think!)[/QUOTE]