Combinied Driving Event

Just wanted to let those interested, know that I am off Thursday for a show in Woodland, Ca Vineyard Classic CDE
Schedules, results information available on links here.
http://www.drivingnews.us/results/results2010/VinyardClassic/

I will be showing my pair of Welsh Cobs, Rupert (14 yrs old) and George (6 yr old) at the Preliminary level. This will be George’s 2nd event (he did this event a year ago when he was barely driving). So rather then barely getting around like last year. (which was all I expected) I expect that we will actually look a tad bit more like a real pair, with George equally shareing the load.

This show is an open show, there is another Para-equestrian that is also showing in Intermediate Single pony.

So wish me luck…
Diane

WISHING YOU THE BEST OF LUCK!!!

Good luck, and have a great time!

So I had a great show. New Pics uploaded here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48007850@N04

I couldn’t have asked for the young horse George to be any better. We had a great dressage test, a few bobbles here and there but not bad. We got a respectable 48 (lower is better just like eventing) . Marathon was clean, I pushed the horses a bit in the hazards and considering this was George’s 2nd show the 1st a year ago. He was great. Made all times on course and actually made FEI walk time on the walk, so there is a future for the youngster… Cones we went double clean and I haven’t even practiced cones with the pair. So I was happy, but Prelim level the cones seem like a freeway compared to FEI. Most cones pics my mom took showed the horses in perfect stride so that is cool even at speed and turns the youngster is learning to keep up with Rupert. Rupert was just great BTW, he is so totally back into the game.
So a great first show of the season. We did come in First, but no one else was in Prelim Pair. LOL Came in the middle of the pack if you include all the Prelim singles so that was very respectable. Our dressage was in the top 5 I think best of the show was a 44. So we were close there:-)

Diane

That’s awesome, congratulations!

The pictures are great, thanks for sharing! :slight_smile: