Unlimited access >

Communication in the equine industry

I will be researching the effects of communication in the equine industry. I am looking to prove the relationship between strong communication and horse/rider safety and success, and need help in ways to gather data. My plan was to compare FEI results to rider interviews or videos of professional event riders to see if there’s similarities. I am having a hard time proving the back side- weak communication contributes to rider falls/errors. If anyone has other ideas to collect data for my personal research project, any help is appreciated.

How are you defining strong and weak communication. And communication with who? The horse?

EDITED TO ADD
I’m not sure who flagged my post as “spam” but I’m trying to answer the OP’s question and I am certainly not advertising. So… not sure why you’d flag my post…

5 Likes

just wondering how this can be proven since this would be based upon qualitative data based upon your interruption.

3 Likes

It’s so easy to do since it is next to the like button and only requires a few fumbles after the initial flub. I’m always paranoid that I’ve done that with my phone in my hand, not paying attention. Hopefully it wasn’t me, but I’ve come so close a few times I had to chime in!

1 Like

They posted the same question in the eventing forum and when I responded and asked similar questions it was flagged as spam too.

3 Likes