Unlimited access >

Compiling a list of USA stallions; (Olympic & Grand Prix) file attached!

Navarone (Jus de Pomme) went to GP dressage and international jumping but he has sired Grand Prix jumping offspring.

Kathy

What I’ve noticed after doing this project is that a lot of the nicer USA stallions available here are mostly available in frozen semen, which isn’t the most convenient. I also noticed that 95% of the stallions came from Europe or overseas, and already had started GP before coming to the USA. Regarding offspring, some owners did start breeding early and some didn’t. That means, a nice GP stallion over here maybe only has 3-4 year old offspring, but the stallion fee might be about the same as the stallions sire (who is still available in frozen semen). That seems like a higher risk to me, and isn’t that much of an incentive for me to use that particular stallion, unless he would be a perfect match for a mare I had OR the stallion has incredible bloodlines that are no longer available.

The problem with the jumping stallion situation in the USA is many fold and cannot be easily remedied . First many more breeders are breeding for dressage then jumpers ( about 1,200 to 300+ ) To actually get a stallion approved unless you go to the testing is very costly . Mainly because when you actually get to the GP level … lets say that’s 1.5 , there will be between 20 and 40 horses already entered with the GP experience , 700 to 1000 dollar nominating fee and only 12 places paying anything. It takes a lot of experience for a horse to learn his craft at that level so you are not going to have any return for multiple shows.To keep a GP horse on the circuit costs between 50,000 and 75,000 per year depending on the circuit. Europe has it all over us as they have cheap shows and a plethora of eager young male riders so a horse can get experience without spending too much money. To add to that even breeders have the idea that what comes from Europe is better bred and since we have too many stallions and not enough good mares that just adds to the problem.

You left out one of the most famous clones–Gemini (TB)–Gem Twist

Conquest II should probably be moved from Grand Prix to International. He was on the 2003 Pan American team and has a lengthy resume of results. He’s available fresh.

Augh. Why can’t I open it!? Am going to send PM with my email. Pretty please mail it to me (once you have your completed version).

TIA!!!

If anyone can’t open it I can send copies to personal emails (as an excel file). I just need to update it again…

Updated 8-10-13 with more stallions and info on stallions offspring! OLYMPIC REBOZO is in the USA and offers fresh semen!!! (That is amazing!)

I believe Super Trooper De Ness is available frozen and fresh. He’s competing internationally.

Amaretto D’arco is also competing internationally.

He is Canadian but A Fine Romance has sired a winning GP jumper - South Bound. (also a full TB) - who is US owned.