Unlimited access >

Congratulations to Alain Seheut and Olde Country Farm on the HUGE success at DAD!!!!!

Alain handled the first and second place horses in the GOV Breed Class. In first place was Totil Hit (Totilas/Sandro Hit, a 2012 colt who scored an amazing 81.00%! In second place was Sonata, a gorgeous 2009 mare by Soprano out of Helvetica (Harvard/Aktuell) who scored an equally amazing 80.80%! Sonata is bred and owned by Alain. Sonata scored higher than any other horse (other than Totil Hit) in the individual breed classes. Quite an achievement!
This class was incredibly competitive with the top five horses scoring above 80%. Out of 21 breed classes, 19 did not have horses breaking the 80% mark.

Once again CONGRATULATIONS to Alain!!!

Big Congrats to Alain – my Soprano filly (o/o my Weltmeyer/Batido mare) is the best I’ve bred so far! She won her inspection and is just gorgeous! Soprano is one of the best dressage stallions we have in this country.

I know afew years ago he had THREE get in the YH World Championships; I believe all finished in the top 10 and one of which who won her division. I don’t think any other US stallion has done this…

My Soprano yearling, Sorpreso, out of FHF Ravenna (Royal ZII/May Sherif) is also fabulous. I have rebred Ravenna for next year to Soprano and also bred my Romancier/Midt West Ibi Light mare to him.
Can’t wait.

I think he is absolutely one of the best stallions in the US. While one thinks of him as a dressage stallion, it should be noted that his dam is a Contender daughter. I’m looking at my yearling as a possible hunter. He certainly is a great mover and very pretty.

[QUOTE=danskbreeder;7192694]
I think he is absolutely one of the best stallions in the US. While one thinks of him as a dressage stallion, it should be noted that his dam is a Contender daughter. I’m looking at my yearling as a possible hunter. He certainly is a great mover and very pretty.[/QUOTE]

Yes, he is. In fact he got a “10” on his head at approvals. I understand that he didn’t get anything lower than “8” on any conformation aspects.

I know my filly is HUGE, with tons of bone & substance, be she has almost an Arab-y head…I’ll be breeding the same mare back to him next year.

I’ve loved Soprano from the first photo I saw of him! He is so elegant and beautifully put together. (Harmonious comes to mind.)

A big congratulations on such a wonderful accomplishment!!

I’ve bred two of my mares to Soprano - by the way, his semen is rocket fuel according to my vet! - and have sold both youngsters to very good homes. I’ve been getting nothing but great reviews so far and hope to see the boy, Ellington S. E. in the ring by next year. The girl, Enya S. E. has been VERY successful in breed shows and is currently in foal. Doing business with Alain Seheut has always been a pleasure!