Unlimited access >

Contacting a moderator or admin

How does one go about getting in touch with a moderator or administrator? I need assistance with a couple of different things including my profile and tried various routes including sending a private message to moderator 1 and have not received a response.

Maybe this will work @Moderator1 ?

Mmmm, didn’t link, maybe we have a new glitch?

1 Like

Ok, try again, @Moderator 1

2 Likes

Worked, you may try it also, or use one of the links, that name highlighted in green, on the start of the threads where Moderator 1 posted a sticky thread.

There is one on this forum.

1 Like

I think Mod 1 is very busy right now with the switch over so it might take a bit for them to get back to you.

@Reeses I’m so sorry for not responding sooner! I just responded to your PM. Thanks all for tags! I’m off my game with the site switchover. :o

1 Like

No worries, thanks for responding!

1 Like

I also need help from a mod please, I already sent a message, but I’m not sure, if it worked. Thank you!

If you add to your post @Moderator 1, that will show up in green as a link and will notify the Moderator you are paging it.

2 Likes

I don’t have anything in my PM or email inbox from you that I see. You can email me at admin1@chronicleforums.com, or click the little speech bubble by my name next to this post, and you can send me a private message.

Thanks!

1 Like

@Moderator 1 It’s been almost a week since you’ve been ‘summoned’ :lol: I think of you daily when I see this is the top topic in this forum :smiley:

Wanted to let you know you are not forgotten!! :encouragement:

It’s the calm before the storm. :winkgrin:

Winter is coming, and so is the new board platform! :lol:

1 Like

Every day when I open the forum, as things open I think - is today the day?

I don’t have a date yet…they had to iron out a few things, like importing old likes and keeping all likes anonymous, and now they’re on to implementing ads, which is the last major step before we roll it out, so I’m thinking next week…which is what I said last week. :lol:

2 Likes

Did you tell them they could just skip the ads??? :smiley:

Watched software never ships… didn’t you know that. I’m all about waiting until it is ready and working fairly well over pushing it out before it is ready and dealing with that fallout. And yes, I know, the calm before the storm. Me? It’s supposed to dip below 50 at night for a few days next week :eek: It’s a lovely 85 outside today :slight_smile:

Oh neat. So they figured out a way to use likes anonymously in the new forum too? I know you said that was one of the differences, likes not being anonymous.

Yup! They were able to import virtually all the old likes from this site onto the new one. The new software platform has a system based on public likes where everyone sees who liked what, and who likes your posts the most and vice versa. That seemed intrusive, so the developers were able to make likes on the new system anonymous like they are now, BUT I’m almost 100% sure that the poster who receives a like will now be able to see who it came from in their notifications.

So, you can give someone a little private vote of support if you like, but they’ll know it was from you. Perhaps come in handy on a contentious topic…not that we ever have those here. :wink:

And, yes, the advertising department is very eagerly anticipating the opportunity to run ads in the Forums again!

2 Likes

I can not blame the advertising department for wanting that. That is probably a good part of the reason that they are updating the platform. Ads pay the bills.

Thank you for the info about the new like system. Very interesting.

When we first moved over here we would get a notification for likes and it would tell us who liked our post. So it sounds like it is similar to that.

I think the new platform is going to be way more customizable.
We can set those as each poster wants, the notifications may have a wide range of settings, for what has been posted.