Contusion on Leg from Paddock boots?

I have a lump on the inside of my leg where the paddock boot ends and the half chap begins. The lump started out as a pebble and is now the size of a walnut so I went to the doctor to have it xrayed and the doc said it’s just a contusion, but from what?

I recently went from riding 1 day a week to 5 days a week.

Has anyone else ever gotten that from paddock boots?

Not from my boots specifically, but I had some sore areas from various ankle braces I’ve had. I’ve also ended up with bruises from stirrup leathers.

With that jump in riding, and the location, why wouldn’t it be from your boots/chaps?

When you hear hoof beats, look for horses, not zebras. :smiley:

[QUOTE=red mares;7621763]
Not from my boots specifically, but I had some sore areas from various ankle braces I’ve had. I’ve also ended up with bruises from stirrup leathers.

With that jump in riding, and the location, why wouldn’t it be from your boots/chaps?

When you hear hoof beats, look for horses, not zebras. :D[/QUOTE]

I’m a fan of the occam’s razor principle as well, but thought it was strange because it’s only on my right leg. Then my DH accidentally closed the foot rest of our couch on my left leg so now at least I have matching bumps :lol:

Nobody is symetrical. Your right leg might be turned out a tad more, or in, or your horse might not be symetrical. What if your saddle is worn unevenly? There are a hundred thousand reasons why the bruise started on righ tright leg, but the fact that it began, and grew, indicates repeated irriation, so its a good be the boot and clothing in the area contributed to it. Or, perhaps a stirrup leather.

In the end, only you know what is rubbing there. You can’t be entirely ignorant of what rubs in that area and when it does so. Take note. Make changes if necessary. Problem solved.

I’ve had myriad bruises and bumps from clothes, boots, shoes, helmets, gloves. Hundresd over the years. From skiing, riding, hiking, playikng polo, swimming competitively. I just never thought to mention them to anyone before, not my family, unless I needed help getting new equipment, but really, never ever thought to ask strangers why they think I have them. I don’t think any of them is a mystery, once I thought about it. Probably yours isn’t, really, either.