Unlimited access >

Cornado I semen??

Does anyone know if Cornado I has frozen semen in the US? I would love to use him next year if I can…

[QUOTE=RuhRoh01;7798598]
Does anyone know if Cornado I has frozen semen in the US? I would love to use him next year if I can…[/QUOTE]

You can’t get him here and even if the mare is in Europe , you must enter a lottery system. At least that’s the way it was last year.

semen quality is not the best, i doubt they offer frozen at all.
maybe elder frozen from former years might be available somewhere?
i remember, they asked for mares to be boarded at the state stud warendorf even in his early years. if that was due to high demand or with respect to the quality of his semen, i don’t know.
this year, however, with the fresh semen collected via ehning, he didn’t get much mares in foal (fresh) plus, availability was limited, too.
we had a stunning colt this year and the mare owner managed to become part of the limited bookings available this year, but couple of inseminations were without succes, thus, they finally had to change stallion.
if have heard similar stories from other breeders, too.

That’s what I was afraid of. What a shame, he looks to be a super talented stallion and seems like he could compliment a wide variety of mares (mine included).

I just wrote to the stud inquiring about frozen doses and availability in the US. Has anyone had any other experiences with Cornado I? He seems like a fantastic option

Alas, he isn’t available frozen in the US