Unlimited access >

Correct Connect 3-in-1 reviews/DIY?

Call me intrigued - I’ve been looking at the CC breastplate with the T hand grips. No exact NEED for it, but I wonder how different it is from the old school “crop across both hands under the thumbs” method of creating quieter hands? My issue is more of the open fingers/lengthening rein variety (reins with the rubber stoppers fixes that pretty well) so I am just curious if anyone has used one of these and if it does… well anything :laughing:

Thoughts?

I bought this last year. I use more because my horse can be spooky and/or strong. So holding the T grips helps me keep my seat secure and I don’t end up fighting with him. I don’t use it all the time. I will just have the T grips hooked together acrossed his neck. Lately he has been very strong at the canter so I only hold the T grips when I canter. My only complaint is I feel the grips are too big for my hands. It just feels like I cannot close my hand around my reins.

I think it runs big. I have a 16 hand OTTB who I wouldn’t say is super refined but he’s also not a tank. I have a full size and I have the breast collar on the last hole and it’s still loose. He doesn’t need it to hold the saddle in place so I don’t care. The leather is really nice.

1 Like

It’s a fantastic aid. I’ve used it and talked about it with very accomplished riders who rave about it. Some like it as a tune-up for their hands. One told me that it helped her stay on during a naughty sideways moment by a baby. In short it’s worlds apart from crop in thumbs, which itself is a fine exercise.

ETA: Agree with @arbeegirl about the nice leather. For that quality I’m surprised that it’s not priced much higher.

1 Like

Do y’all find that the change in mechanics carries over to when you’re not using it? I wonder if it’s a crutch you could come to rely on, having the neck to pull against.

Just musing here, and tempted to try one if the opportunity presents itself.

I don’t find I depend on it. I just use it as tool when I need to use a little something. I have a grab strap on my saddle which would use but it changes your hand position too much. This device keeps your hands in a much better position.

1 Like