i apologize in advance if this is a stupid question -.-
2-3 weeks ago my horse got acutely lame (coincidentally after a pretty nasty trip on a trail ride around the property)… vet came out, pulled shoe, she was positive to hoof testers, warm hoof and digital pulse… weird how it appeared but suspected either a stone bruise or abscess that was brewing… it got better, then came back then got better. never saw it actually burst in the wrap, minus some blood from the vet’s tract… farrier thinks it might have been damage to the sole rather than an actual abscess … this was her LF
anyways, today i get a text that she is off on her LR! she went out sound and came in 4-5/5 lame, per the vet when he came. negative to hoof testers this time, only slight pulse and heat. vet again suspects abscess. same therapy as before, touch base if she’s not better by monday.
she’s a TB, so hoof problems obviously not out of the ordinary and it is that time of year (?)… additionally she’s older (25) and has cushings so that all plays a part, but this long novel is to ask if these two lamenesses are coincidental and bad luck or if they could be related in someway and i need to be digging deeper… i was concerned about laminitis the first go round but my vet said her symptoms weren’t the right kind for laminitis. we were also going to do rads of her legs to rule out any injuries but the pain was so obviously in her foot we decided to wait
just want to make sure i’m not overlooking something i should be getting looked at