Unlimited access >

COTH Abbreviations and Acronyms Index

What about peeps? I know they’re the vibrantly colored marshmallow chicks at Easter, but posts all the time here refer to, e.g., the “northern VA peeps” or whatever, as though it’s also short for “people.” Am I getting the gist of the usage right?

TIA!

(Thanks in advance)

MRI - Maddening Rectal Itch

[QUOTE=RedMare01;3151624]
And there is always “attackative”, “asswhacked”, and my favorite…“hoo-hoo.”

Caitlin[/QUOTE]

Haha! Yes, “hoo-hoo” is an excellent term.

:lol::lol::lol:

No doubt responsible for giving a person a shi**y outlook on life. :smiley:

peeps = people. :yes:

and the marshmallow things too, of course. :smiley:

OMGiH

I not totally sure, is either “Oh My God in Heaven,” or attributable to a german, “O Mein Gott in Heimel.”

Dont forget heese, plural of horse. PP and LP and their adoring fans, the parelliistas, parelliphiles, parelliites, all brandishing Kohlrabi sticks.

Not abbreviatiions, obviously, but verymuch COTHisms.

[QUOTE=InstigatorKate;3152572]
OMGiH

I not totally sure, is either “Oh My God in Heaven,” or attributable to a german, “O Mein Gott in Heimel.”[/QUOTE]

I must point out that this leaves me aghasted (another COTHism). :wink: It’s the German version, out of respect for the wonderful Willem (see the Favorites forum).

And I think the instigator of the “where’s the fruitbat” thread was actually the one people at her barn were complaining about doing all the swearing … and she asked here, “WTF?? I mean, WTF is that about?? I don’t swear!! WTF??” It was pointed out that WTF might, you know, be construed as swearing. Then someone asked WTF was WTF? And thus “Where’s the Fruitbat?” was born.

Or something like that. :winkgrin:

Lest we forget.

When Dressage Geek invokes the “explosivie diarrhea curse”

And here’s a personal favorite by a long gone cother: She maintained that the secret to a happy marriage was a Lap dance, BJ, and a sammich. :slight_smile:

Not really acronyms but I couldn’t help myself.

I can never remember what IIRC stands for. :slight_smile:

But seriously, this thread is really fun!

And let’s not forget one of the most recent COTHisms “Soft Cheese Saves Lives!”. I have the t-shirt.

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

Drama Llamas

:smiley:

(may not be an acronym, but it’s funny!)

Oh, oh, would someone please explain, “Jingles?”

I can see that it’s sending good thoughts/prayers etc. when someone is worried about something or something bad is happening, but where did the term “Jingles” come from?

I think of Jingle Bells and happy happy when I hear the word jingle, so this one has me really puzzled.

Thanks again –

Jingles is representative of the jingling of a curb chain for good luck.

Do we need a new abbreviation? I just thought of BFGV. Surely y’all know what that stands for…

I recall “whateveritude” and now use it frequently.

IE: “Whateveritude persists”

[QUOTE=Pony Person;3153641]
Drama Llamas

:smiley:

(may not be an acronym, but it’s funny!)[/QUOTE]

Once again, not to be confused with Lorenzo Lamas. :wink:

And didn’t the fruitbats have names? Weren’t there pictures of the fruitbats?

[QUOTE=jeano;3154419]
Do we need a new abbreviation? I just thought of BFGV. Surely y’all know what that stands for…[/QUOTE]

}i{ ??

What about Fernando?:lol: There were some fruitbats in the stick-art thread (though I can’t remember if we named them): ^O^

BUA = Barefoot Uber Alles
Peeps = people
WTF = What the F*
FFS = For F* Sake
HDT = Horse Driving Trials
CDE = American Horse Driving Trials :wink:
Mini = Pony
VSE = Pony
POA = Pony