CoTH weight loss/fitness group

Do you think if we asked the mods nicely, we could get this stickied? In Off Course/Around the Farm?

Iā€™m still hoping that we could get a diet and fitness section set up.

Iā€™m really struggling for many reasons, but being less mobile due to this stupid fricking knee isnā€™t helping. I donā€™t feel as I belong in the disability section, Iā€™m fortunate in that I think this will be fixed, but Iā€™d love to be able to share exercise tips with people.

Even for the 100% able, when you live up here in the freezer your riding time inevitably becomes limited at this time of year, so finding something else fun becomes a requirement.

Ok, just asked Coth Loseit to be friends on FB.

MFP name is: LoveMyMule

42 members and counting in the MFP group!

Here is the link again for anyone who is interested. All are welcome whether your goal are weight loss, fitness, or just to support others.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1681-chronicle-of-the-horse-fitness

Iā€™m in. I started eating better last week. Iā€™m going high protein, low/no carbs. Yesterday I started jogging/power walking with my GSDā€™s. So far Iā€™m jogging out two miles and walking back. Iā€™ll be increasing as the pain decreases :lol:. Iā€™m not as young as I used to be.
Iā€™ve got at least 25lbs to lose

[QUOTE=CHSatwork;6057524]
Iā€™m in. I started eating better last week. Iā€™m going high protein, low/no carbs. Yesterday I started jogging/power walking with my GSDā€™s. So far Iā€™m jogging out two miles and walking back. Iā€™ll be increasing as the pain decreases :lol:. Iā€™m not as young as I used to be.
Iā€™ve got at least 25lbs to lose[/QUOTE]

You should look into the Couch 2 5k program. Itā€™s a great way to gradually build up your running.

[QUOTE=kookicat;6056651]
Iā€™m in. Joined MFP with the same user name as here.

Now, any idea for exercising with a bum knee? Swimming is out- the local pool is too far away to make the trip worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

Kookicatā€¦stationary or recumbent bicycle. Itā€™s the first thing patients get plopped onto post knee surgery.

[QUOTE=Curb Appeal;6057575]
You should look into the Couch 2 5k program. Itā€™s a great way to gradually build up your running.[/QUOTE]

I was already in fairly good shape when I started Couch to 5K in October. I ā€˜graduatedā€™ the program Thanksgiving week and keep building my weeks every 2 weeks. In fact, I ran 8 miles on New Yearā€™s Day.

Iā€™ve been astonished at how well the C25K program provided me with a base from which to build. That week when you run for 10 minutes straight seems formidable, but then the next thing you know, youā€™re running for 15 minutes, then 25, and it seems like itā€™s so doable.

Iā€™m signed up to run a half marathon on Feb. 26th.

This is great! I really need the motivation and the support. My horse would certainly be happier if I was lighter and more fit!

Iā€™m in! While I need to lose a few pounds my main goal is gaining fitness. I was in a really bad roll over truck accident 5 years ago that left me with severe neck and back pain. I take enough morphine everyday for a 350 lb. man:eek: The medication make me comfortable some of the time and I just deal with the times I hurt. I kept riding until 2010 when I lost my show horse to colic. I have not ridden steady since then. I have a horse in full time training and I will start riding him soon but I am totally out of shape. I need to get my strength back soon.

I am limited to what I can do but I am going to try my best to get through it. I am going to try to do C25K. I was a runner before my accident and would like to do it again but in the past it has really hurt my backā€¦I am hoping that building a bit slower will be the key to my success!!

I started on New Years Day. 2 days down so far. Iā€™m in for the FB page- just friended COTHloseit!

im working on losing weight as well- im happy to use this thread :slight_smile: two pounds down so far. hoping to be 175 on christmas.

This is an ancient thread, but Iā€™m game. I started my fitness/diet changes on October 2 and have lost 14 pounds. Iā€™m on my way. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great result in a such a short time! I recently started back working and it requires minor endurance and the weight started dropping off. I did intense cardio and lifting before but was building muscle which I did not like. I thought I would lose then burn muscle when I was exercising, but now my job has shown me how powerful walking is. I now do it over the intense exercise almost everyday. I also want to try 28 day wall pilates challenge https://betterme.world/articles/28-day-wall-pilates-challenge/ and see how it goes for me.

1 Like

Do we want to start a new thread/fb group? I would like to join as wellā€¦ (since this one is 11 years oldā€¦)

3 Likes

Iā€™m down! I do most of my work in the kitchen, as my day-to-day has a boatload of physical exertion. I could use help staying accountable to the better eating, though!

Iā€™d love to join a new FB group! I need to easily lose 30lbs, more like 40/50.

1 Like

I donā€™t use FB. :neutral_face: But if someone wants to restart the thread, that might be good!

Iā€™d love to jump on.

Iā€™d love to participate! Hit a setback in Oct where I gained back 8 lbs, so Iā€™m mad and raring to get it back off and keep going.