Unlimited access >

Court date for Michael Barisone?

I believe it was a property grab which backfired horribly.

14 Likes

Do we believe LK’s version of events regarding the litter box? I suspect there is a very logical backstory if this is remotely true. I seriously doubt
MH would put cat crap in or on her children’s beds. Think about that for a minute.

13 Likes

Either way, there’s a lie. The question is whether it’s defamation, or denial of calling CPS.

7 Likes

Interesting. Was this pre or post warmblood shopping spree?

2 Likes

This is my description of her living situation at MB’s.

As far as the kitty litter boxes, why would we believe any specifyc detail she tells us?

9 Likes

This is from the Amended claims for the MB/Police suit

If she was invading private areas to place surveillance….it’s not unreasonable to assume that she left a few “decorations”….or maybe took possession of someone else’s gun.

11 Likes

This is categorically, 100% not true. This is taking away any responsibility from the actual perpetrator of a crime and placing all of the blame on the victim. Frankly it sounds like the events of 8/7 were a perfect confluence of terrible actions by multiple people. But one person shot someone.

Like I have said, for 2 years… does LK sound absolutely off her rocker? Yes. Does that mean that MB is not the one ultimately responsible? No. Unless we learn that she was wielding pitchforks, or came to this confrontation otherwise presenting a clear and imminent physical threat… then all of these foregone conclusions that LK is the one who is solely responsible for this mess is pretty troubling. Here’s the thing… if he is found not guilty by reason of insanity. He is still guilty. He just can’t be held liable. He still brought the gun. He still pulled the trigger.

Does this woman sound like anyone I would want anywhere near me, my friends and family, or my animals? Hell no. Do I think her behavior towards some of you and others (including, allegedly MB et al) is horrifying? Yes. Do I think her family was necessarily enabling her and wasn’t trying to put out fires in the background? Who knows! Do I think that any of this makes her alone responsible for the guano show that culminated with her being shot? No.

But, pile on. I can see how many people like certain posts and how few others like other ones… it’s pretty clear this is a minority opinion that it doesn’t really matter how crazy she was, she didn’t shoot herself. Have at it. Flame suit is on. I have already been accused of being so triggered by my similar experiences with an addict in my family that I can’t possibly read the news or watch TV. There goes trying to contextualize anything, I guess,

Or just, ya know, append your posts with #NBDTBS or whatever cutesy disclaimer you think makes you look better.

18 Likes

Categorically no. Why not? Because he ultimately brought a gun to a disagreement and used it. The former would have already deemed him a no. The latter confirms it. This is not someone who exercises sound judgement whether that is because of temper or mental illness or otherwise. Guns don’t shoot themselves. That is one point that I (a gun control advocate) agree on with those who are “Second amendment advocates”. I like to keep me and mine safe… and that is a risk that seems unnecessary.

Since some seem to think that I am pro-LK/anti-MB… I did speak to someone the other day who knows someone (who I also know but who I have not discussed this with) who is/was quite close with MB. That person was baffled by the events. That person doesn’t seem to be grasping at straws to exonerate him. They are merely sad and perplexed, from what I hear. I will reiterate: we don’t know!

Finally, wondering if this is an honest question or an attempt to keep the thread alive and the hive stirred. I can’t imagine what potential client would willfully put themselves, their children or their animals into such a volatile situation.

9 Likes

You assume he brought the gun as offense and not defense of the attacking dog?

8 Likes

He did mot shoot the dog.

3 Likes

And that means what?

7 Likes

I agree with you on some counts or maybe even most counts. Much comes down to the provenance of the gun’s arrival to the scene and the circumstances which caused it to discharge.

If he brought it there, and for whatever reason raised it and shot he is indeed culpable and the defense must try to lessen the culpability of that action.

I just don’t believe every part of the story as Gospel as narrated here. If facts render that narration true then I will for sure call a spade, a spade.

12 Likes

Flame suit wasn’t required.

Yes. We only have the word of two of the three people there. I don’t believe their version of events. Hopefully the criminal trial will be scheduled sometime within the next two years and perhaps we will get answers.

11 Likes

First of all, I don’t bring guns when there is a menacing dog. There is currently a menacing dog on the property where I am frequently present. It presents a clear and present danger to me, to others, to our animals, and to animals on property. It is large. I have never considered bringing a gun. That defies my logic. I have, however, carried a shovel. I have hidden in my car. I have hidden in a horse’s stall.

Previously I worked at a farm where I was attacked by a menacing dog. Ditto. When it attacked me, I kicked it in the head and jumped on top of my large SUV. It had attacked others, I was are of the threat.

Let’s pretend I did bring a gun to protect myself. If I discharged said firearm against a being other than those dogs? Well… goes to my point that he used said firearm. I would have and should have been held liable for discharging said firearm. So, fine - he was scared of the dog? Why did he shoot a human?

4 Likes

This isn’t really a controversial stance at all. I basically wrote this post upthread except for attacking other posters and generalizing. Most people think she’s unhinged and horrific and he’s a criminal for shooting her. I’m not sure I understand how you think people will “pile on” you for something most people agree with, but, build up that drama, I guess.

We also agree on guns not shooting themselves; sorry to disappoint there, as well.

15 Likes

Yep! What we don’t know, we don’t know!! I am looking forward to the facts being presented in court, myself.

5 Likes

Yes, it was a sincere question on my part. Should Barisone be released and USEF sanctions removed or not, I wondered what thoughts were about doing business with him. He still has his horses and his facility in FL and presumably some of his previous clients might consider going back. Simply a question with no hidden agenda.

4 Likes

Thanks, @eggbutt. Maybe you and I can get along after all! Lol. With you 100%. I don’t believe any of them (MB included!)

1 Like

You see no potential explanation other than intentionally? Really?
You said it yourself, we don’t know.
Lots of scenarios are plausible.

10 Likes

Well, you have my answer! Hell no. And glad to hear it. Thanks for clearing that up!!

2 Likes