Unlimited access >

Court date for Michael Barisone?

Nah. All you would do is consider what personal trauma the aggressor experienced in their past.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

That’'s not and excuse for the police to neglect to take a statement from the person who called 911 when they get there. Several times, apparently, they never even talked to MB who was the one who called the police. What’s that about? How does that work, in the world of police responding to a 911 call?

And, you have a right to talk to a supervisor, so when he showed up at the police station to complain that they never responded to his 911 call, at least didn’t respond to him a bout his 911 call, the police refused to let him talk to a supervisor.

Not cool, not cool at all, and I can bet there are some PD folks sweating out this one. You can’t just write up reports days after you made the trip out to the barn, ignoring the 911 caller. Oh, wait…

13 Likes

I’m thinking…they are NOT “sweating this one out.” They acted exactly as they should have.

As far your post: Which is it? PD “made the trip out to the barn?” OR, “ignored the 911 caller?”

Better question- are you accusing the 911 dispatchers on the opposite end of the (very public 911) calls to have been LYING, when they stated either “patrol cars are on the way,” or the similar? Are you insinuating that no one ever arrived? If so, is it your belief that MB would not have called again, demanding from dispatch an answer as to why it is “no one arrived,” but that call wouldn’t be public info as well? (Since that is what your accusation insinuates, that is.) If I’m off base, please clarify.

Actually, you’re so “all over the place,” it’s probably best you simply rephrase your entire accusation. IOW, DO clarify.

Last question. Did someone tell you that MB tried to speak with a “higher up,” (be it a supervisor, the actual DA himself, or any person in between) but this “request,” was “denied?” Or…… do you just enjoy making entirely false statements, attacking TRAINED LEO’s, court officials and basically anyone else who did their jobs in a manner consistent with the LAWS? One reason I ask is Bc, this begs the question, why then, do you fail to address & aggressively ignore that a licensed doctor of psychiatry handed a weapon to her (at least one time) “patient,” whom (as a “person close to him,” & as the civil suit reads) knew him to exhibit longtime symptoms of severe mental illness? (Paraphrased due to laziness.) Biased much?

I wonder why, (also, how) partners of SGF LLC would “partner up,” with someone so allegedly mentally deteriorated……………… But, I’ll pocket that question for a more appropriate venue & time. Carry on! Tell me everything! It took the “best & brightest, sleuths,” on this forum two years to arrive at the previously confirmed conclusion - WE were never armed. Nor did any post made by me- claim we were. So, perhaps sometime in 2050, all the other previously confirmed facts labeled as “lies,” by certain agenda driven posters will be admitted finally on here also, by those who made them. I was under the impression Coth only allowed “facts,” (not fiction) to be posted on a thread during an ongoing investigation? Allowing false & potentially damaging allegations to be stated as fact - bad. Or, so I’d think. More of an “out loud,” thought, I guess. K. Back to Tokyo coverage!

ETA- two missing words/clarity

2 Likes

11 Likes

About 20 years ago there was a huge clammering for change in domestic violence situations due to the frequency of (mostly) women getting hurt or killed because police were notorious for not doing their due diligence in these situations.

For the police, the most dangerous of calls were domestic disputes. So police often did the bare minimum.

About 20 years ago though police departments and jurisdictions made real efforts to enact laws and procedures to protect victims. A violation of an order of protection became a must arrest situation for instance.

Policing is an insanely difficult job. Many are very good at it. Some are notoriously bad at it. And yes often in situations like this the police do not do their due diligence.

Note: I am in no way asserting anything either way in this case, I’m simply saying the problem exists in the world.

16 Likes

I believe that came from the new court filing, #89, and #97-107 found here:

If that is true, then PD messed up. If someone requests a supervisor from the PD, they should get one. Of course that may come with a wait time as these people aren’t just sitting around waiting to talk to someone that’s upset with the police, but they should eventually be able to file a complaint.

18 Likes

I think it’s important to underline that policing is a very difficult job. The things and people they deal with are …well, difficult. As with most professions, you have those who are good at their job and take pride in it, and those who don’t.

I think dealing with the mentally ill, defining who or what is to be considered mentally ill, and to what extent a mentally ill person is to be held accountable for their actions is also tricky.

I’ve no idea if the claims made by Barisone are pure BS or not. I would think a reputable (and in demand) attorney would not waste their time with frivolous controversial suits that have a high probability of being not being a “win” or tossed out. Then again, I have seen some utterly crap cases brought before a court, even on an international level, so maybe money talks or people are delusional/strong in a belief.

I am interested to see if it’s actually got some teeth. It’s difficult because the audience has mostly been presented with accounts from both sides, but not necessarily facts. Mostly because the cases haven’t been ruled on yet. Just because an eye witness says “this is a fact” doesn’t necessarily mean it is.

I can sort of see why Barisone would make these claims though, they are in his “best interest” and perhaps worth a try for him and his team. I am not saying that anything he is saying is the truth though, because I have no clue and I’m not trying to solve any cases here. Just a wait and see.

If Barisone’s case is purely not a case/not true/isn’t proven, then that’s incredibly stupid and totally uneeded for the police who already struggle enough and have enough to deal with, never mind having a BS case on top of it (which they have to take more time out of their day to answer questions, do additional paperwork, etc.) So that’d be really crappy.

But, we’ll see, I guess :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

Don’t know whether this case is fact or fiction, but I do think the above is likely too.

Additionally does MB have $$ to waste on lawyers billable time chasing frivolous lawsuits that aren’t based on verifiable facts such that they have a snowball chance… ?

4 Likes

Screen shot so a future edit claim can’t be made.

18 Likes

Interesting, right?
That this astute poster missed that, and the other thread completely.

5 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

130 in the morning and now we are being asked to identify a licensed doctor (M.D.) who has had a residency then taken and passed the oral and written examinations offered by American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. I didn’t see any such person named in the cases filed to date.

6 Likes

@Jenerationx thanks for the citations. I went back and read them and I noticed that they reference transcripts of the interaction between MB and the responding officers.

Maybe some of our criminal law savvy users can weigh in: is this like body cam footage - the interaction is also voice recorded when they respond? I note both a time and page reference in the transcript citation.

Example (bolding mine):

BARISONE wanted to speak to a supervisor, such as a Sargent and/or Detective.
MRS-L-001562-21 07/15/2021 1:56:46 PM Pg 18 of 36 Trans ID: LCV20211664981
BARISONE’s request, once again, was rejected by the responding DEFENDANT POLICE
OFFICERS who said “no”.

2 Likes

As someone born and raised in NJ and transplanted to the South, I often quote the movie:

“Yeah, and you blend.”

It makes me sad when people don’t get the reference.

PS - Yes, Joe Pesci’s and Marisa Tomei’s accents are awful. But I can forgive anything for the expert testimony scene.

6 Likes

I dont know how to quote all of those quotes Might be my phone not sure. I searched the 911 call from 8-4-19 on patch and it discussed paper work not getting signed and vaguely remember LK saying the papers asked that she not hold the farm responsible if she or SO got harmed. Dont remember if she said they signed them. Does anyone else?

The thought crossed my mind that with all that stuff going on, the leos probably talked to everyone there an
d probably have body cam and maybe dash footage. Also I think I can hear Barisone telling 911 that LKs SO was harassing him bc he was holding a phone out & videoing it all? And someone advised mb that goodwill was giving him a ,“menacing,” stare?

Idk. This all sounds so strange to me. Im sure there must be footage of this. The 8-4 call is very long and I think mb hangs up when he says the cops arrived.

1 Like

Yes, LK asserts that these mystery papers are MB asking her to release him from liability of shooting her (example of delusional thinking) and it is most likely they were papers acknowledging he was terminating the training/board agreement and therefore no longer liable for general injury due to remaining on the farm and being around animals capable of bodily harm and/or death (totally normal release of liability) and within his rights as he pointed out on the 911 call.

12 Likes

Could they have been related to residing in the house that Town Inspector told them they shouldn’t be, one assumes, due to safety?

I would think that some she was boarding, riding and lessoning there, a liability waiver for those activities would have been signed much earlier in the relationship

1 Like

She probably means Ruth Cox, who was a psychiatric nurse (nurse practitioner?). She’s insinuating that Ruth Cox gave Barisone the gun that was allegedly used to shoot her.

6 Likes

So, just to clarify: RC is not a “licensed doctor of psychiatry”, is that correct? Or are you saying she is a nurse/NP and an MD?

1 Like

A retired nurse, with no license on the line, has now been transformed into a practicing psychiatrist. Neat trick by Kanarek.

18 Likes