CPR and First Aid Certification required for NAHRA instructor certification

I looked through the paperwork I have regarding NAHRA instructor certification, but I don’t see this anywhere… Do you need to have the American Red Cross CPR and First Aid certification?

I only ask because when I went to look up renewing my ARC CPR and FA certifications online, I noticed that there are various other places that offer “certification” in CPR and First Aid. Does NAHRA require the ARC certification? I’ll probably go through them anyway, since that’s what I had before. I just was curious if that was the only certification they accepted or if they accepted certificates from other places, too.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

You have to have certification from some credible source but it cannot be online. It MUST be done via in-person education. The credible sources are organizations like The American Heart Association, The American Red Cross, etc. Most folks get The Red Cross certifications because they offer workplace training and their individual training is easy to get access to.

That makes sense, thanks! I didn’t even know they had online only CPR certification. The practical part is the most important!