Unlimited access >

Crack in Ultra ThinLine

Hi everybody,

I bought an Ultra ThinLine half pad at Dover’s Basement - great deal! However, it was there because it has a 3" crack on the underside of the pad. The crack is in the wither area, about where the crease would be if folded in half.

Has anyone had this issue, but continued to use the pad? Anyone have ideas for something I can put on the crack to keep it from getting larger (superglue, maybe?).

Thanks!

Someone I know cut the the halfpad in half at the crease, and and stitched the two halves to a cloth centre so that it would bend naturally at the cloth part over the withers and back.

That is the one thing that I hated with the original thinlines…the crease…I could never get it to sit under my saddle properly.

I have one that has a crack in the same spot. Used it like that and it never got bigger.

My ultra thinline has cotton binding around the edge - if you are worried about the tear expanding, you could sew some binding on to hold the pad together.

[QUOTE=Dee-Vee;7574993]
Someone I know cut the the halfpad in half at the crease, and and stitched the two halves to a cloth centre so that it would bend naturally at the cloth part over the withers and back…[/QUOTE]
I did something similar. I cut it in half, and sewed a cover with a cloth strip down the spine, and I love it. The thing I hated about mine was never seeming to get it even on both sides. Now with the strip centre it is a piece of cake.