Unlimited access >

Crazy question - can I pull a small arena drag with a compact SUV?

I’m already getting my list together of what I will need to get it set up!

This looks like silica sand to me…the type of sand mixed w fiber footing. An arena near me has it for footing; the hunter trainer there says it’s the worst footing ever. The barn owner works for a sand company and says it’s top of the line. I have no idea how you help it, if that’s what it is, except for adding fiber. (I tried fiber footing; for me, it was an epic fail). Are you close enough to a quarry to take a sample to ask what it is?

When we tried the fiber footing/silica sand, that is what happened.

Silica needs to be drenched in water and mixed w fiber to provide some Bounce back. Silica alone is not great

Oh, yes, I know. I appreciate you clarifying if I wasn’t clear. The barn near me has plain silica and it’s awful. My fiber footing disaster (described in an older thread somewhere) was also a disaster. Another neighbor has fiber footing- it takes 800 gallons every other day to be usable. It’s a small indoor.

1 Like

Answer to the question: YES!! My little jeep renegade did wonderful with the arena rascal pro behind it! I locked it in first, locked it in 4wd, and turned the traction control off and it did super!

1 Like

Yes- was going to mention this, too. Just don’t forget to reinflate before your drive home.

1 Like
4 Likes