cross post....Ruptured Pectoral tendon left arm

Along with two other muscle tears, this is what the MRI showed today. I can do most easy things except bring arm forward from the side. Have had it in a sling for five days which relieved the pain while slinged. anyone else had this injury?? any advice will be appreciated.

Not this same one but we are dealing with a family member with a ruptured Achilles tendon. It’s very dreary but she is expected to make a full recovery.

We had a complete tear and surgery and they discovered that there was a very small segment still intact which I guess was good, the remainder was stitched with fabric using that as a base.

4 to 6 weeks non weight bearing, change to a walking air cast(?) lots of PT, on the bench for the entire basketball season.

I injured my shoulder over a dozen years ago and no MRI was done, can’t tell you why not. I couldn’t raise my arm past my bust line or reach across my body. Had to dress my left arm with my right. Four months light duty and PT, and full use after about a year. What has your doctor told you?