Unlimited access >

Cubito - has anyone used him and what dos he cross best on?

Doing research for potential breeding. Wanting to use Cubito, and wondering if he crosses well on other breeds. Or should i stay with Holsteiner? What does he pass to babies? What improvements, etc… Thanks :slight_smile:

We bred a Calando I mare to him in 2010. We were told that he needed a blooded, more refined modern mare with good rideability.

We took a gamble crossing Calando I with the Lord in Cubito’s damside (both sires can throw difficult).

The resulting foal was a very nice type, but only time will tell what she will be like under saddle.

[QUOTE=RyuEquestrian;7599879]
We bred a Calando I mare to him in 2010. We were told that he needed a blooded, more refined modern mare with good rideability.

We took a gamble crossing Calando I with the Lord in Cubito’s damside (both sires can throw difficult).

The resulting foal was a very nice type, but only time will tell what she will be like under saddle.[/QUOTE]

This is absolutely incorrect. Lord did not generally make them difficult. It was his son Lennon in Cubito’s pedigree that was difficult due to too much TB blood. Lennon was by Lord ( Ladykiller xx / Cottage Son xx ) and out of a Sable Skinflint xx mother. Too much blood in Lennon.

When they say Lennon passes difficult do they mean --mean pissy quirky difficult or xx hot difficult?

(I just wonder as I did see a video of a weanling with lennon up close backing up and backing up AND backing up so they could kick, kick and keep kicking another weanling–I wondered if that was the Lennon coming through or just a pissy baby)

Lennon was just very hot…this was often seen with the offspring of Sable Skinflint xx