Curios to see how old you think my TB mare is

tell me what you think and i’ll tell you how old she is!

2 Likes

She looks like a nice TB mare but body shots don’t tell much. More than 5 yrs and less than 25 years ?
Edited to add … what’s this pretty lady’s name and backstory? The one thing I can see clearly is that she well and truly loved. :heart::heart:

7 Likes

I am going to guess 25 to 30 or so years old.

The pits above her eyes look deep.

2 Likes

Mid-upper 20s?

More than 15? Is she a Storm Cat kid? Because she looks like she has that attitude they give.
You clearly take very good care of her.

I’d say older, well over 20, because her back is letting down a bit and she has a wiser calmer face. She’s in lovely condition.

2 Likes

My guess is 25+. She is a beautiful, beautiful mare! :heart_eyes: :two_hearts:

1 Like

Based on how her face has modeled around the shape of her teeth and jaw I’m going to guess she’s in the ballpark of 24-25. If I’m right, she looks wonderful.

1 Like

Mid 20s is my guess.

1 Like

To guess age, I always look at the hind legs first, then the face. And teeth, if you are there in person.

I’d guess she’s in her early 20s. She’s clearly very well taken care of. What makes me guess that is the functional straightening of her hind end (totally common as horses get older) and the musculature around her skull. Older horses will have less fleshy skulls, with deeper grooves above their eye socket.

She looks lovely. What is her story?

1 Like

I’m guessing early to mid 20’s too, based mostly on her face and her back. If she is this age, she is an absolute credit to you because she is in beautiful condition and is obviously well loved and cared for. Anyone who hadn’t been around horses for a long time would think she was in her prime.

What’s her story?

1 Like

I’d say 20-25. Starting to get less fleshy in the face, top line is starting to slack a little, but she’s clearly well taken care of. Lovely coat.

1 Like

What a pretty, well cared for girl!! I agree with the mid-20s. My oldest TB lasted until 38, so you have lots of wonderful years to come with her, you lucky girl!!

Would also love to know her breeding.

1 Like

So shiny!!

I love seeing the bloom on their coats.

And the answer is…???

1 Like

That is tied for the oldest TB they have on record.

Of course, most people assume there have probably been older ones not documented.

1 Like

Oldest TB in Guinness was 42.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t know that!! He was a very late foal (Sep 10) and bred in Colombia (by an American stallion, Pittsburgh, and out of a Colombian-bred mare). He was a listed winner in Colombia as a stallion but apparently never raced after coming to U.S. and being gelded.

By JC standards he was 38. He died Feb 10, 2020, so wouldn’t have actually been 38 according to the calendar until Sep.

Interesting. My sources are from when Prospect Point died a few years ago. Everyone in the press stated the could not verify an older TB:

1 Like