Unlimited access >

Current Pentosan pricing from Wedgewood Pharmacy

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone with a prescription already from Wedgewood Pharmacy could tell me the current price of the Pentosan (IM) 250mg/mL in the 50mL & 100mL sizes? I wanted to see if there was any savings for myself getting a prescription & ordering it myself instead of continuing to purchase it from my veterinarian.

Thanks so much!

Not “current” but when I last checked in May, Wedgewood was charging $109 for the 50 ml size (250 mg/ml), plus shipping. My vet provided a prescription at my request, which made me happy, as he was charging considerably more if I bought from him ($180 for same thing, IIRC).

FYI, Wedgewood is not currently shipping to Virginia.

In June I paid $146 (shipping included) for the 100mL vial.

The $119 price ($109 + $10 shipping) was what I also paid for the 50mL vial.

Thanks so much for the replies!

[QUOTE=ahf;7652095]
FYI, Wedgewood is not currently shipping to Virginia.[/QUOTE]

Damn :frowning:

I just suggested Wedgewood to one of my students as a good source for Pentosan! Is there another pharmacy that WILL ship to VA, and that has comparable prices (or at least “in the general ballpark”)?

[QUOTE=Dr. Doolittle;7653091]
Damn :frowning:

I just suggested Wedgewood to one of my students as a good source for Pentosan! Is there another pharmacy that WILL ship to VA, and that has comparable prices (or at least “in the general ballpark”)?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, Wedgewood will resume shipping here soon. Because of the recent problems with some compounding pharmacy products (including equine deaths) I was pretty concerned about picking a new one until they do. Diamondback Drug was suggested to me as a good one by a vet I respect. Their prices seemed reasonable. I’m sure others have suggestions as well.

Is it Wedgewood choosing not to ship to VA, or is VA not allowing any compounding pharmacies to ship to them?

Wyckliffe does a compounded pentosan, as I’ve purchased that from another vet, so might check with them (unless the latter part of my question up there is true…in which case, you’d have to do HorsePreRace or something).