Unlimited access >

Curved browband on a jumping bridle?

I’m in the process of buying a new bridle and have narrowed it down to one that’s a normal/plain style and another that’s a figure eight. I’m terribly indecisive and have no clue which one I’ll choose, but I’d prefer to choose one with that would look okay with a fairly blingy browband.

I’m obsessed with curved browbands but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in jumpers or eventing, only dressage. Is there some unspoken agreement that curved browbands are only for dressage? Would a browband with a very slight curve be too much on a figure eight?

Warning: I’m going to get grumpy and climb onto my hobby horse. A caveson versus figure of eight is not a fashion decision but a functional one, about what your horse needs to do his best. They act and work in different ways and will therefore affect the way the horse goes. That is why so many nosebands are in use.

Having said that, put a droopy brow band on your bridle if you wish. Eventers are a bit more “Get the job done” rather than “Do I look good in this?” Your horse, your fun!

7 Likes

I really like the curved browbands in general and have them on almost all of my bridles now, including some of my jumping bridles. I don’t know if that makes me dorky or not, but I like them so that’s what I use. :woman_shrugging: I’m not sure I’ve ever really looked to see what anyone else had, so I can’t tell you how popular they are or aren’t. Mine have spikes instead of rhinestones.

3 Likes

As a lover of all things shiny and a collector of vas amounts of pretty horse things that I don’t really need, buy the bridle you like then go to equiture and buy a fancy curved browband. :wink:

1 Like