Unlimited access >

CWD Saddle - Pro Fit Panels

I am looking at buying a CWD 2G saddle, and I found a great deal on one that has a 4.75" tree with pro panels. My horse needs a 5" tree. I heard that the pro fit panels help a saddle fit a wider range of horses. Would this one work (most likely) in my horse’s case? Of course, I would trial it first, but I just wanted to know what anyone else thinks!

If I am misunderstanding the pro fit panels, please explain them to me! :yes: Thank you in advance!

The pro panels are the front panels. They are cut shorter to allow more room for the shoulder. The panel is still the same at the top from what I can tell and would not make the too small tree fit. I haven’t owned one of these bit have ridden in one and can’t honestly tell the difference. The horse that wore it had a big shoulder, but if you placed the saddle properly with the tree behind the scapula, it didn’t make a difference if he was in the pro panel saddle or a saddle with more typical front panels.

IPEsq: Thank you so much! Do you know if CWD makes a tree as wide as 5"? I can’t seem to find one anywhere… :confused:

That is definitely wide. Your best bet would be to have a CWD rep come out to fit you and your horse. You can tell them you’d rather something used. They come for no charge and are very sweet and helpful.

I have a 2G and love it. Most comfortable saddle Ive ridden in.
If this saddle needs a slight change, CWD will do that for you. When I bought my saddle (new - custom) it did not fit my horse = too wide and the saddle sat down on his withers.
Called the CWD rep - came and got the saddle, had it fixed to fit him and it is great. Love the saddle. So you might find the CWD rep nearest to you and call them. When I ordered mine, the rep came to the barn ,measured my horse, watched me ride and then had the saddle built for me. So they could possibly fit this one to your horse for you. It would be worth a call.

I have never figured out why so many custom saddles don’t fit when they are delivered.

I thought on the other thread that you had a saddle that was custom fitted?!

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?462320-Calling-All-Ogilvy-Users

Is this for a different horse? have you done tracings to make sure the overall shape will be right? Pro panels don’t change the tree shape, and if that’s off it’s not going to work even with pro panels.

Bogie …well in my case, the saddle was not made as the specifications said it should.
CWD was good about it - came out and picked the saddle up, remeasured the horse (just to make sure they had the right measurements) and fixed it.
BTW we live 2 hours from the nearest city. So I wasnt sure CWD would come all the way out here (I had my horse measured initially back in LA). But the Rep was great. Drove all the way out here and now the saddle fits great.\

Thank you all so much! Really glad to hear that they can adjust the tree and that they come out and fit for free! :smiley:

vxf111: Yes, it’s for a different horse.

[QUOTE=Linda;8061513]
Bogie …well in my case, the saddle was not made as the specifications said it should.
CWD was good about it - came out and picked the saddle up, remeasured the horse (just to make sure they had the right measurements) and fixed it.
BTW we live 2 hours from the nearest city. So I wasnt sure CWD would come all the way out here (I had my horse measured initially back in LA). But the Rep was great. Drove all the way out here and now the saddle fits great.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it’s just that there are an unusual number of people who post here with their problems but it seems that a large % of custom saddles aren’t made right the first time. And that involves more time without a saddle. Glad they made it right.