Dale Chavez saddles

Do these saddles keep there value? I got to ride in a nice equitation one when I was trying a horse. It was wonderful. Ever since been kind of keeping my eye out for one with less bling.

See a lot advertised for under 2k, saddles that I see similar new for 5 & up. Am I looking at 2 different dale Chavez saddleries? Do they not hd their value? What do I look for?

I love mine and have loved almost all of the ones I’ve ridden in, I bought mine used for…1100 I think, and it was quite old… though well maintained.

They’re not super expensive (well, compared to Harris and Blue Ribbon) and I think they hold their value at that mid-range. Pleasure saddles might drop a bit, but the reining and western dressage saddles seem to hold pretty firm.

At least, in my experience, but it’s been a few years since I’ve even thought about saddle shopping, and haven’t really kept up.

If I were going to purchase a new pleasure saddle, I’d actually start my search with Chavez. Like I said, I really like them.

Edited to add, I guess they do drop a bit used. All of mine have been used and they’ve all still been high quality, if that’s what you’re asking.

1 Like

No, they don’t hold their value. I don’t know a single person above the local open show level who rides in one.

Harris and Blue Ribbon hold their value. Wenger also tends to be lumped in with the saddles that hold their value as they’re built well and made to last.

1 Like

They used to hold their value well. I honestly don’t know how they are viewed today, but they are/were the go to saddle in the Morgan western pleasure arena when I was still showing.