Unlimited access >

Darco & Heartbreaker semen... Non existent now??

Looking for some and don’t want to have to pay outrageous repo vets for a special procedure.

They seem to keep popping out Darcos and Heartbreakers in Europe. Are they hording the semen or what?! :slight_smile:

For Heartbreaker, Team Nijhof has their own contracts and sells the semen directly. They have various agents in multiple countries, including the US, that have semen from their stallions in stock and they should be able to distribute in a timely manner. If you contact Team Nijhof at info@team-nijhof.com (http://www.team-nijhof.nl/apps/hengst_detail.php?id=41) directly, you probably won’t have issues getting Heartbreaker semen.

When I moved an took my semen, it was in with about 20 doses of Heartbreaker semen but I don’t know if it is the same stallion. Was Heartbreaker ever in the US.

For years people have been saying that frozen Darco semen was very, very poor. Makes you wonder how many doses it takes to get a pregnancy. Nabab de Reve is supposed to be equally unreliable with the frozen that has been sent here.

Maybe it’s a Belgian thing?

[QUOTE=JumperFyre;7022847]
Looking for some and don’t want to have to pay outrageous repo vets for a special procedure.

They seem to keep popping out Darcos and Heartbreakers in Europe. Are they hording the semen or what?! :)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Team Nijhof emailed me and said heartbreaker is no longer fertile so they have none to sell.

Thanks for sharing the update. What a bummer; he is so nice :frowning:

There is still some Darco in Europe but it was not collected for export therefore we will never see it here.

I have few straws of Darco with good quality for sale if interested. steveafa(at)gmail.com

1 Like