Unlimited access >

Day One Spectator Notes

We had the same experience this evening. Luckily the line was mostly in the shade and we had a good time chatting with our line neighbors. We all decided that they were really missing out on a money-making opportunity by not having a mobile bar or two serving the shuttle line.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. We were chatting with the lot E attendant today and she was adamant that people could not walk over from that parking. She said they appeared to have golf carts to shuttle people into the grounds. I suspect that your luck will depend upon who is working.

Yeah, I’m sure that’s true.

The web site says:

Drop Off/Pick up Options: You can also be dropped off/picked up by Ubers, friends, etc. at a parking lot on the northside of US 74 free of charge. This lot (Lot E) is reserved for those needing wheelchair accessibility as well. Shuttles will be available from this location into the venue.

By my interpretation, they cannot refuse shuttle transportation to anyone who walks up to Lot E, regardless of whether you walked up from an Uber drop off or the parking lot across the street. But some people get a little power-mad when you give them any little bit of authority.

Is TIEC trying to make it as difficult as possible for ticket holders to attend the games? We have tickets for next week and planned on parking in the spectator parking lot on NC 9, but after hearing from friends that they had to wait TWO HOURS for a return shuttle ride to the parking lot, we are looking at alternative parking plans. People have paid hundreds if not thousands of dollars to attend the games and either can’t get there from the parking lot or return to their cars in a reasonable period of time. People should be demanding answers from TIEC. How is this remotely acceptable?

So as we were leaving today, I noticed that there were tons of tour busses just waiting for people to pick up. Versus yesterday I saw long lines of people waiting for a shuttle. It appears that they are trying very hard to address the wait times.

2 Likes

How far is it to walk?

It is a 15-20 minute bus ride to the main parking lot - too far to walk. Wed night we waited 35 minutes for a shuttle, Thurs night 1.5 hours, and tonight just 25 minutes.

1 Like