Unlimited access >

Deals on Cave beds?

Hi all - looking for cave beds on sale; found some on chewy, but the only ones big enough to accommodate my long whippet are over $100 – and that’s the sale price. I realize that cave beds are expensive, but was hoping to find a deal somewhere – if anybody knows of one, please share, TIA!

I can fit two whippets into a large, but they usually prefer each sleeping in their own. Sometimes they go on sale in December. This is where I’ve bought most of mine.

1 Like

Wayfair has a 44x44 extra large, $67 but alas it is out of stock. I did not do a lengthy search; you might try there.

1 Like

Thanks, guys!

1 Like

They look so cozy I’d join them in a blink!

1 Like

My little Chi mix would love that! She has a blanket on her bed and it’s always fun to watch her maneuver herself to get under it, then somehow get totally wrapped up in it. That would be easier for her, but less entertaining for us.

But Dang! They’re expensive!!! I think I could easily just attach a small fleecy baby blanket to her current bed.

Yeah, it’s pretty ridiculous. 🫤

OTOH, as I’ve been shopping I noticed that the majority of them seem to be for small dogs – and tend to be less expensive! Very hard to find whippet sized cave beds under $100, no matter where I look. May just have to suck it up though I really don’t want to. My whippets get the cushiest memory foam and the softest blankets on the planet as it is!

There are various types of beds on the sale page, plus you should be able to get 10% off on your first purchase, if you sign up for their news letter for a while. The round beds need to be a large to fit a whippet comfortably, and the microfiber fabric is great in the “Luxury” beds. I just ordered a Medium (35" X 25") rectangular cave bed, to fit onto the whippet’s raised cot bed for $75, with free shipping:

1 Like

Amazon has some good deals on them, I’m not sure about the sizing:

There are also some even less expensive anti-anxiety doughnut beds–I don’t know if that works for your pooch.

Thanks everyone! :blush:

I actually found one on Wayfair for $59! Size large to accommodate my long backed, long necked Whippet - and though it took her a little while to figure out how to get in there, she absolutely loves it. Bonus – it arrived on Christmas Eve! :heart:

3 Likes

And now we need a picture of Miss long neck in her cave bed :blush: I’d love to buy one for my grey but I know him very well and he’d be scared to enter

1 Like

5 Likes

She’s lovely! And she has a really a long neck!

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, her neck looks ridiculously long here, doesn’t it? Let me see if I can find a few pics where she’s not so much of a giraffe :joy:

1 Like