Unlimited access >

Debbie McDonald is US Team Coach again

A nicer photo on Eurodressage.
Just speculating…rehiring her was the only decision USEF could make. The team riders and owners have been in the same circle for a long time, bringing a lot of money to the table, and they wouldn’t be happy with a new “technical advisor”.

2 Likes

The alleged victim, the one profiled in the Orange County Register newspaper, was terminally ill and on hospice care by the time the SS case came up formally. She was too ill to be questioned by BMcD’s attorneys, which meant he did not have the ability to question (cross examine? confront?) his accuser. She passed away shortly thereafter. In contrast, he had numerous character witnesses who testified or gave affidavits on his behalf. End of SS case, ruled in Bob’s favor. The civil suit with the alleged second victim, from approximately the same era, did not proceed.

5 Likes

I was trying to exercise a little more diplomacy than I have in the past. :wink: But if I’m going to be blunt about it, I find his writing style utterly abysmal!

2 Likes

The big name riders seem to be very happy DM is back.

2 Likes

How sad that she was ill and passed away :frowning_face:

4 Likes

They have continued to train with her throughout anyway

1 Like

Was she suspended? I forget.

No, she was never suspended by SS.

also, reading that article, I didn’t know Debbie was a teen herself when she became involved with him (and he was married) ick factor for sure. :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

But he was suspended so technically it could be tricky as far as his presence with kids at their place or checking account payments to a joint checking account etc if people were kept solidly to the intent of the rule?

1 Like

I’ve seen that more than once

1 Like