Degenerative disk flare-up

This is the second time in about 9 months. I caught it before it went into full-blown spasm mode this time.

I haven’t been riding in the past couple months, and thought driving might be better. It worked at first, but I think pushing the heavy cart around and lifting it onto and off of my horse has aggravated my chronic back problems.

I hope it’s ok to ask this here. But do any of you with back problems use an inversion table or chair? I really need to get some zero-gravity, circulation, and disk hydration going before this becomes critical.

If you have an inversion product, please share your experiences, brand, and model - and your likes and dislikes. I should be able to buy a good safe one for about $400, right?

Thank you!

Yip-on-the-heating-pad

Inversion table, caution

Inversion table:

Ask your PT for the nuances of which one will work best for you.

We got one for my husband. It didn’t have the support to be able to put a pillow under his knees and he could get stuck upside down. He also was warned that he could only go slighty upside down, because of the nature of his discs. It helped for a short time. but one legged traction by the pt worked much better. He started having problems with his joints being too stretched and the ligaments weren’t coming back properly.

He just had BMAC stem cell procedure to re-generate 2 of his discs. He is now 1" taller. It is too soon to tell if it worked. I will post when he is further along in the recovery.

He just had BMAC stem cell procedure to re-generate 2 of his discs. He is now 1" taller. It is too soon to tell if it worked. I will post when he is further along in the recovery.

Thank you! I don’t know anything about that procedure. Is it newer? I’ll research and see what I find out. And please do keep me updated on the results!

Yip

I got an inversion table on Saturday and I LOFF it!

The awful hip pain I had been having for the past couple weeks disappeared during my first use of the table and hasn’t returned.

I can feel the decompression in each disk, one after the other. My sacrum is so much better, with no pain. My neck has better range of motion. My shoulders are getting loose and flexible, and I didn’t even realize I had a problem there.

I got it 2.5 days ago and have been on it 5x. I see my life changing for the better! I highly recommend this for anyone with chronic back, neck pain.

Disclaimer: if you’re under Dr’s care, you might want to ask before buying one. I hade DDD but no ruptured disks. Be sure you won’t regress by decompression.