Unlimited access >

Desperately ISO: Farrier in Charleston, SC

Just throwing this out there, I’ve read the older threads on this which don’t have a ton of responses but maybe there are new people on the forum :crazy_face:

I need a ~good~ farrier who is willing to travel to Monck’s Corner! To save y’all time and energy, here’s a list of farriers I’ve reached out to that will not travel to me for just one horse:

• Mick Doyle
  • Grant Comley
  • John from Tryon (don’t know his last name lol)
  • Marty Bryant

I have been in conversation with a guy named Cory Huff as well but he kinda stopped responding to me so I’m not sure if that’s going to play out or not. Please feel free to DM me with any reviews, good or bad, on farriers you have worked with in this area!! I am also trying to eliminate anyone that I definitely SHOULDN’T try and then go from there.

1 Like

Eric Fox used to be ok and may go out that way. He’s in Aiken.
Good luck, I used to live in SC. It’s hard.

I highly recommend Eric Fox. Excellent farrier.
I’m not sure he goes that far out though, but it’s worth contacting him. If he doesn’t he might know someone who will.

You might also consider trailering closer to Aiken for the farrier.

I actually just bought a farm in Saint Stephen and am looking for a farrier for my 2 (maybe 3-4) horses. I have been using Grant Comley, but he will not go out that far. I used Mick Doyle for years, but he doesn’t want to take on new horses. Another friend with a farm in Saint Stephen told me she’s been using Mark Hirschler (sp?), who I have no experience with, but I am going to give him a try if I can get him to come.

Please let me know if you come across other names! If you have luck with Eric Fox, I’d probably be interested in using him too!

I did text Eric Fox but he never responded to me </3 I think Mark Hirschler is a safe choice, I haven’t heard anything bad about him yet unlike some of the other options LOL so that’s probably a good way to go! You also definitely should have better luck than me getting someone to come out for more than 1 horse!

I’ll send you a PM with some more names I’ve gone through.

I previously sent this information to @sportyspicepony by DM, but Mark Hirschler has been trimming my horses and I have been happy with his trims and his dependability (which, as we all know, can be an issue with farriers).