Unlimited access >

Development of Lift and Support System Project

(post has been deleted)

Based on the initial video, you need someone who has a better grasp of anatomy.

Isn’t this advertising? Isn’t that banned? I don’t know how to report stuff though…

[QUOTE=toady123;8480706]
Isn’t this advertising? Isn’t that banned? I don’t know how to report stuff though…[/QUOTE]

That little black triangle on the bottom left of every post on a page, with the “!” in it, is a tab that opens a reporting window.

Try it.

Then add a post here with “Reported”, so everybody else doesn’t also report it, flooding the Moderator’s computer.

[QUOTE=Ghazzu;8480672]
Based on the initial video, you need someone who has a better grasp of anatomy.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t listen but to part of it, yes, he doesn’t understand how the legs attach to the body, especially front legs, if he thinks that is a good method.

There is a reason standard lift harnesses have always been encompassing the whole horse, as in those rescuing horses by helicopter or in barns holding horses up for rehab.

I think they need to keep working on this a bit more.

…or is this a school project or something? (whole thing–website included)

[QUOTE=Bluey;8480710]
That little black triangle on the bottom left of every post on a page, with the “!” in it, is a tab that opens a reporting window.

Try it.

Then add a post here with “Reported”, so everybody else doesn’t also report it, flooding the Moderator’s computer.[/QUOTE]

Aha - thanks! I reported this for the mods to review :slight_smile:

(post has been deleted)

[QUOTE=HGR Project;8481000]
It isn’t considered advertising if you aren’t selling something. We are not selling a product, we are getting the information out on Don’s project due to his request in getting helpful information and reviews.

As far as anatomy goes, we are putting together a team of professionals to work on this together. Once the full presentation video is up you will see his argument for why the anatomy allows for this, and what the actual HGR system looks like in a model he put together.[/QUOTE]

Psst, I think your video talking voice doesn’t always get the breeds right.

If you do have real experts helping, like veterinarians, I expect they will also tell you why that is not a good idea as presented there.

You ignore well meaning advice at your own risk.

[QUOTE=charismaryllis;8480750]
…or is this a school project or something? (whole thing–website included)[/QUOTE]

Product design/anatomy issues aside, since that’s been covered well already…

If you’re looking for investors and professionals who can help you develop a product that might actually stand a chance of working, you may want to make everything look a lot more professional and try to sound like you know what you’re talking about.

Your video narrator mispronounces Barbaro repeatedly. The Arabian photo appears to actually be a Friesian. I’ve never heard anybody say “girth harness strap of the saddle”. These things seem minor but are glaring to your average horse person.

Why are the photos printed out on paper, laid on a table, then apparently photographed again (vertically, yet, creating huge amounts of dead space) instead of just inserting the digital form of the original photos into the project? There’s also a whole bunch of tiny text on there that is useless because nobody will ever be able to read it.

Your website also has errors. Conventiality is not a word. You mean conventionality. There are spelling errors all over the front page (sociatey, i’ts, years salery, experiance.)

If you’re trying to make a professional presentation, start there.

I would not make that website public until it has been reviewed for accuracy in both content and intent.

Example, from the site:

The Third option is the most wanted, but the percentage of horse owners that can actually afford the cost the Veterinarians charge for such a thing is astronomical, most of us don’t even make that much money in a years salery.

I believe I understand what this sentence intends to convey, but it is gramatically incorrect, and contains a number of errors.

That is just the start. Not a good first impression, which is key to grabbing attention and interest.

(post has been deleted)

The second video makes the entire thing less understandable. A horse needs to be capable of walking into the area in which the sling is mounted in order to be put into it–that would limit the use to horses which are already capable of getting up and ambulating.

I would suggest the gentleman trying to come with a better mousetrap study existing ones first.

There are plenty of slings for horses out there to learn from, some sold commercially to vet clinics and rescue organizations.