Unlimited access >

Devon Horse Show 2021 and COVID-19

That’s the thing. I don’t see how they can really relax the rules much without vaccination verification, but I don’t know how they can verify health records on humans.

They do for school children and I had to get a TB test every few years when I taught, so I wonder. “They” are also talking about requiring proof of vaccinations for airplane trips.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds throughout the year, with horse sports and everything else.

Nope - unless there’s a nuance I’m missing it should be totally fine under HIPAA. HIPAA only applies to certain entities - healthcare providers, insurers, etc.

Additionally HIPAA would not prohibit asking for proof of vaccination It is more focused on how you secure and protect that information. For example, if a covered entity asks for proof of vaccination, it can’t post a list of everyone who has and has not been vaccinated on the front door of a building.

6 Likes

Announcement from the governor of Pennsylvania regarding loosening restrictions there:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1916835108482423&id=379182258914390

I plan on getting a vaccine, I wear a mask, I social distance, but I do not agree with horse shows forcing entrants to submit their medical records to enter. I think that would be the death of horse shows.

Sports have found a way to continue while following Covid protocols, Devon isn’t the first horse show since the virus showed up. I think that people who accept the Covid protocols and feel comfortable should show, and those that won’t follow protocols or don’t feel comfortable should not show.

4 Likes

Schools require “proof of vaccination” in order to attend.