Unlimited access >

Dewey is gone

I’m so sorry - Dewey was such a handsome boy!

You can’t beat yourself up for doing what you thought was the right thing. It’s not your fault the clinics were horrible. You were trying to do the right thing for Dewey, and you can’t blame yourself for that.

2 Likes

Dewey was absolutely regal. It’s so hard to lose a good companion, especially those who are practically a life partner. They stick with you for better or worse and always seem to know what you need. You raised a good one.

2 Likes

I LOVE the name Dewey. It’s a pet name I call my horses. Your boy was gorgeous - so grand and luxurious. It’s so hard to lose them - they are our babies. He knew how much you loved him so be easy on yourself. I spent a week once with Frederic Pignon and will never forget him saying animals scan us and know our hearts. He knew yours.

4 Likes

@ravenclaw, how are you today?

Big hugs from me, Snickers and Sammy. Leif sends slobbery after breakfast Fjord kisses.

2 Likes

I’m taking things one day at a time. I miss him so much and I’m still feeling bad about how things were for him in the last days. I really wish I had made other choices but I guess there’s no way to know if other choices would have been better.

Thanks for checking on me. :heart:

4 Likes

Hind sight is always 20/20 but when it’s happening we do the best we can and that’s what you did.

Big hugs!! .

1 Like

Sorry for your loss, and sad to hear about the bad experiences with the vets. Summer seems so hard on the old cats with kidney issues. Dewey knows you did the best that you could. (hugs)

1 Like