Unlimited access >

Did anyone notice that FITS Riding was sold?

I was looking for something on the FITS website & noticed the new owners…

Quoting, “She is also a skilled sewist”. Yikes, never heard that word before!"

Well, maybe there’s hope that one day there will be a pair of FITS that fit me! Tall and narrow, I’m in between their sizes. If only they made long sizes…

Yup…someone could use a good editor. Anyway, I love my FITS breeches and hope it turns out to be a good transition. Fingers crossed they bring back the sidezip breeches.

Well, I just went to their website and noticed that, except for the white, all the breeches are pull-on. Boring colors. Hope they spark it up a bit.

[QUOTE=alfonsina;8307062]
Quoting, “She is also a skilled sewist”. Yikes, never heard that word before!" [/QUOTE]

People who sew don’t like to use the word “sewer” in print because, well, sewer. We started using “sewist” many years ago as a way around using “sewer” and “seamstress,” which has its own connotations.

Really, there are negative connotations for the word seamstress? Wow, who knew? I hold seamstresses in high esteem. A sewist – not so much. It sounds amateurish to me.

Sewist doesn’t seem like a real word to me… sewer I get, but seamstress?? I guess doesn’t apply to men. Waiter and waitress…seamer and seamstress?

[QUOTE=IronwoodFarm;8308347]
Really, there are negative connotations for the word seamstress? Wow, who knew? I hold seamstresses in high esteem. A sewist – not so much. It sounds amateurish to me.[/QUOTE]
I didn’t say the connotations were negative. Seamstresses are specialized in what they do. Not all sewists are seamstresses.