Unlimited access >

Diller Small Square Hay Feeder Reviews Please?

Forgive me if there is another post that already addressed this, I did try to search for one but only found them mentioned, but not someone who had one.

Does anyone actually have the small square bale feeder from Diller that can give a review of them? They are quite expensive to try on a whim. I’ve seen people with and reviews for the round bale versions, but my facility isn’t equipped for round bales and this model seems to have what I am looking for in a hay feeder, but I am worried how easy it is to load the hay in?

The dealer near me ships them in when you order so there isn’t one to take a hands on look at.

Thanks in advance for any personal experiences!

Is this the feeder you are asking about?

http://www.dillerag.com/equine/HF-4200H.php

I have never used one, but I drooled over them at the ag show a few years back.
They seemed well made.

Yes, that’s the one! It seems to check all the boxes on paper. Were you able to see how it loaded hay at all? If you did did it seem finicky or easy?

1 Like

I played with it quite a bit, but I don’t remember how it loaded.

The sales reps were very informative. Have you tried calling/emailing the company?

1 Like

Not yet, I was hoping to find an unbiased review from someone who had one first, but haven’t been able to find anyone with the small bale model. You know how sometimes companies say “easy to load” but then in real life application they are a pain. They’re just too expensive to grab one to give a try without some reassurance

1 Like

I searched for videos last night and I could only find videos about the large bale model.

Thank you for trying! I will reach out to the company and update this post if I hear anything for anyone searching in the future

1 Like

the pictures on the website seem to show you can just toss a bale in the top - ?

The company responded that they have no video of loading it but that the smaller version opens on one side and the larger on two. They sent this picture (if it uploads correctly). That’s all the information they gave me.

Still hoping maybe someone has tried one before and has some first hand experience. I know people are super happy with the round bale version, just don’t want to spend so much and then find out it’s a pain to use.

3 Likes

I thought the end opened, but I did not want to say so and it not be true.

Edit to add - can you ask if they know of anyone in your area that has one that you might contact to see it in person?
I know it is a weird question but you are right, they are not cheap.

How much are they?

I got quoted $2,875 for the larger/longer version from my local stockist and I believe the smaller is somewhere around $2000 last I asked about it within the last year.

looks like something a high school shop or ad class could build for much less

1 Like

I’m sure they could, but there isn’t one local to me and this item both has a warranty and I am able to get it delivered by the local dealer. I asked a welding shop for an idea of price and they were quoting me a similar amount.

I don’t mind paying for quality, but I want to make sure it is, which is why I was wondering if anyone had one and used it themselves. I know people that are very happy with the round bale version, but just can’t find any reviews on the small square version. For this much it needs to make my life easier and stay easier!

1 Like