disc patients, are you more comfortable in a h/j saddle or dressage saddle?

Disc patients, are you more comfortable in a h/j saddle or dressage saddle?

Just wondering. Thanks.

AP or jumping saddle. I’m not built for modern dressage saddles anyway, and the high cantles and straight flaps, especially with knee pads, forced my back and legs into a position that started out uncomfortable and soon got painful. Because of an old lumbar disc injury. I have to be able to move around periodically and change position, and I also found it most comfortable to have my legs almost in a chair position. I did love an old Stubben dressage saddle that had no blocks, no pads, and did have very flat seat.

I’m the opposite. With my L3/4/5-SI disc issues, I find that dressage is more comfortable, sitting up more vertically is more comfortable. When I do use my jump saddles, I still end up more vertical than I used to be when I primarily did h/j type riding.

Going between sitting trot, posting trot and sitting the canter provides tons of movement for my back.

I do mostly prefer a seat that has a flat spot, although my currently most-used dressage saddle does have a deeper seat than all my others.

Thanks guys. Two very different opinions.

Wishing you pain free days,
sonoma