Unlimited access >

Dissertation Help for Equine Osteoarthritis within Western disciplines and English disciplines

Hey Everyone

I spent two years working in Canada on various horse ranches and developed a passion for the western disciplines.
I am currently an Equine Performance and Therapies university student in the UK. For my 3rd year dissertation I am “Investigating the Prevalence of Osteoarthritis in Western Disciplines Vs English Disciplines” and would really appreciate some advice or assistance.

To obtain this information I would like find out

· Do you have a horse that has osteoarthritis and what age, breed and discipline does your horse participate in

· Which joints or limbs are affected, particularly with regards to osteoarthritis and is one joint or limb affected more.

· Do you think training methods increase the risk of injury or long-term problems?

· What treatment has been recommended to you if they start developing osteoarthritis?

These questions are part of what I am looking into.

Any information I can get the better, Thank you Laura

P.S. I also have a questionnaire to go with my dissertation, It will only take a few minutes to fill in and all participants are kept anonymous, the data back the better. Please access the questionnaire below. I understand that you may not wish to open up the questionnaire, but I would really appreciate it if you could answer the questions above, as the more information I can get on Osteoarthritis the better. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Yours Laura

1 Like

Done! One comment- I wasn’t sure if you wanted current age or age when the osteoarthritis was discovered or the horse’s current age. (I went with the former)