In quiet moments thinking about my and my horse I’m starting to wonder whether I should just go Western.
- Fella neck reins. So he can go both ways.
- I love dressage, but I love versatility too, and I do not have an English saddle that fits Fella (whole 'nother story).
- I have a treeless endurance type saddle that I adore and I can do everything but dressage (competition) in it. My saddle maker is making an English type, but that’s another$1000 investment. And it’s only necessary for Dressage right?
- Fella’s pace of choice is more relaxed -he prefers a jog to a trot and I’m very comfortable with his jog. I can sit his jog no problem
- There’s Western Dressage -which seems very much like having my cake and eating it too. And I’ve seen some really nice tests -so it’s not where sucked back, 4-beat canters, inverted horses, etc will be encouraged.
So do I just go Western? Janna Dyer’s fix-a-test clinics will also fix WD tests so…