Unlimited access >

Do the GOODE RIDER Jean Breeches really run that SMALL?

I’ve been wanting a pair of the Goode Rider jean breeches for some time. Since they were on closeout, I went ahead and ordered the knee patch jean riders. Based on the reviews of running two sizes small, I went with a size 30 and they were huge on me. I’m 5’6" 120#. Generally I wear a 0 from the Express and a 26 in most other jeans.

All I really ride in are Kerrits tights in size small. I do have a pair of Equi-Comfort and Tough Riders - both in size 26. They fit well but I don’t like them much. Those are the only breeches I have to compare sizing too.

They don’t have many left. So, I don’t have time to keep exchanging them. I’m afraid that the 28 will still be too big and the 26 might be to small. :eek: LOL Any suggestions from anyone who has a pair?

I think the jean version runs pretty close to “street” jean sizing. I wear a 30 in the Goode Rider denims, and a 30 in Levi’s, Banana Republic, etc.

In my personal experience, the breeches run smaller than the denim.

If it helps, I’m a large or XL in Kerrits, depending on the style.

Yes, that helps alot. Thank you. I compared the Goode Rider & Kerrits size charts and I’m going go with my normal 26. It’s crazy that the reviews all said 2 sizes to small. After trying on that pair, it didn’t seem like that was the case. Thanks again!

They don’t really run small, but they fit closely through the hip and thigh. If you are on the slender side there (i.e., not super “curvy”), your regular size should be fine. 28s fit me, and I wear 28 in Trophy Hunters.

They DO shrink though, so don’t put them in the dryer! I had a some that accidentally got into the dryer, more then once, getting getting a bit smaller each time. My trainer, size 24, is now wearing them, they shrank two full sizes and some in length.

Eat?

[QUOTE=FrillyFilly;7873179]
Yes, that helps alot. Thank you. I compared the Goode Rider & Kerrits size charts and I’m going go with my normal 26. It’s crazy that the reviews all said 2 sizes to small. After trying on that pair, it didn’t seem like that was the case. Thanks again![/QUOTE]

I think the issue might be that there are several common brands of breeches that run ego-flatteringly large. :wink:

:rolleyes: I’m the same weight (although minus 3"! Much jealousy…) as the OP with essentially the perfect BMI, according to my doctor. Even an extra ten pounds would literally put me into “overweight” territory.

[QUOTE=FrillyFilly;7873179]
Yes, that helps alot. Thank you. I compared the Goode Rider & Kerrits size charts and I’m going go with my normal 26. It’s crazy that the reviews all said 2 sizes to small. After trying on that pair, it didn’t seem like that was the case. Thanks again![/QUOTE]

Yeah, someone didn’t know how to measure their own waste.

I did find other types of Goode Riders fit MUCH smaller than the jean riders, but my jean riders are a normal fit. If you’re wearing size 0, I would still expect 26 to be too big for you! (I wear a 30, and am NOWHERE NEAR a size 0, and haven’t been since my hips outgrew it when I was in 8th grade and many pounds underweight - different frame shape for sure!)

The pair I have are one or two sizes larger than my other breeches. Pretty low cut, too.