Unlimited access >

Does anyone have any experience with/insight on the Stubben Equi-soft girth?

Same. I’ve had mine almost 2 years now. Love it and it has held up really well.

1 Like

We’ve got 4 Equi-soft girths and have had good success with them. We’re using them with horses that have sensitive skin, tight backs, girthy behavior. The oldest girth is about 3 yo and they hold up very well. I check the rubber rings for wear but no signs yet at all. Just wash the fleece or neoprene as needed.

My horse is quite tight thru the back and he’s visibly more comfortable in this girth. I snug the girth to mount and often loosen it a hole to ride. One of the other horses was terrible about tightening the girth. Using this girth, with gentle retraining and some treats, has made him quite decent about tacking up now. Honestly, this is my go-to girth now unless I’ve got a reason to use something else. I don’t part with $$$ easily but this was a great purchase …

3 Likes

Thanks all, I’m going to order it and hope it makes my girl a little happier!

Did the price drop this much? Or am I looking at the wrong girth? I’m seeing the Stubben Equi-Soft girth for $120ish.

Oooooh… that’s just for the girth TOP. The pad is then another $120. So still cheaper than they were, but not such a massive difference.

I ordered from Stateline. My credit card found a discount code so it was $214 out the door for me with a white sheepskin liner. I know people have had issues with Stateline, but I recently ordered a Collegiate bridle from them with no issues, and when the price is so much lower and I don’t need the item urgently, I’m willing to take the risk.

1 Like