Unlimited access >

Does anyone have the contact info for the New England Devoucoux rep?

Hi everyone,

So I’m in the market for a new saddle and have my heart set on a Devoucoux. I’d like to get a rep out so I can be fitted, but I can’t seem to get in contact with anyone. I’ve spoken to Meg Gardiner, who I guess is the normal rep for my area, but she told me she is currently in FL for the winter circuit. She said she’d set me up with the rep who is filling in for her, but I have yet to hear from him (this was three weeks ago). And now for some reason I can’t get in touch with Meg, either! I’ve also tried emailing Devoucoux with no luck. Any help would be appreciated, I’m kind of on a time limit here and would like to get fitted ASAP.

I’m in Chicago and know a rep here. Where are you? I can ask if he goes that far.

I’m in CT - so quite a ways a way, unfortunately! But it’s worth a try I guess :slight_smile:

I know they are pretty saddles… but you may want to do a search here to learn more about Devoucoux’s “customer service,” before you go forward.

In my experience, the lack of responsiveness you are observing now is quite typical. And let’s just say it is MUCH more responsive than they will be once they have your money.

Yeah, I’ve come across some horror stories on here about Devoucoux (and if I’m remembering correctly I think I came across a thread you started about your horrid experience - is that right?). I was hoping that by going used it might work out better, but it’s looking like that’s not the case. So sad such a great product lacks decent customer service.

It’s a real bummer. I had a horrible experience with them and know I am not the only one.

One example (there are others): http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?436615-Devoucoux-Am-I-Being-Unreasonable-Please-Help&highlight=devoucoux

Sent you a PM with the info for the rep in the Mid-Atlantic who may be covering for her.

Others have had different experiences, I’m sure, but I had a virtually painless one with him when I found mine, and almost two years later, I’m still in love with the saddle.

Wow, yeah that’s just insane. Would it even be worth having a rep out? I mean, can they at least properly fit someone to a saddle?

[QUOTE=GotSpots;7969096]
Sent you a PM with the info for the rep in the Mid-Atlantic who may be covering for her.

Others have had different experiences, I’m sure, but I had a virtually painless one with him when I found mine, and almost two years later, I’m still in love with the saddle.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Maybe I’ll have better luck with this rep.

I recently bought a Devoucoux saddle that I love. I had a completely positive experience with the entire process. I read a lot of the horror stories before I decided to have the rep out. I’m glad I wasn’t dissuaded by the negative opinions.

I’m sure the stories have merit, but there are also plenty of positive experiences as well and I just wanted to share mine.

The rep hasn’t called back in three weeks and no response to your email to Devoucoux and you’re still interested? That would be enough to convince me not to deal with them, even if I didn’t already know about their awful customer service. I emailed CWD for various reasons a number of times and always got a same day response from Bertrand.

Thanks both for the input. I am still interested, but only because of how wonderful their saddles are. I’ve had two Antares and finally decided it’s not the saddle for me. Had a chance to sit in a friend’s Devoucoux a while back and fell in love. So comfy and put me in a correct, balanced position. If I didn’t have this opportunity chances are I wouldn’t be pursuing the brand based on their customer service (or lack thereof) so far.

I believe Devoucoux has a very high turnover rate for New England reps, so it’s possible that the replacement rep has also been replaced. That said, I agree with those above- the saddles are beautiful, but customer service is terrible and neither of the NE reps I worked with were able to fit me to the right sized saddle. If they are the right size, the saddles are lovely but getting them is a pain.

Just a quick little update - I received a PM tonight from the New York rep and will be setting up a fitting soon :slight_smile: Also heard back from Meg Gardiner. Glad I started this thread! Thanks again to everyone who posted.

Meg is the absolute BEST!!! She is one of the best reps out there. I hope you have a positive experience :slight_smile: