Unlimited access >

Does anyone know my mare, her dam, or her siblings?

This is Dont Skip the Cafe, a 2007 mare by Skip to the Stone and out of Cafe’ Latte (1995 gray mare by Kipper Kelly). I brought her home in September 2014 and have known her since October 2013, and I’m just wondering if anyone remembers her from her earlier racetrack days!

She raced 39 times from 2010 to 2014; six times at Delaware Park, once at Charles Town, and the rest at Suffolk Downs. In 2011, she won three races at SD.

She also has three half-siblings who raced: Cuban Coffee (2000 bay mare by Kissin Kris), Fortin Moro (2005 gray gelding by Stack), and Cafecito Up (2010 gray colt by Wised Up). None of them ever won. I’ve managed to find a couple of photos of Cafecito Up, but never any news of the others.

Hi, hope you have luck finding information. I know that your mare’s breeder is a FL-based trainer, Horacio Barbaran. I got contact info on him (from racing secretary) but have not been able to reach him. He might be a good person to contact,if you can. I visited the farm that stood her sire in FL, Lou Roe Farm, many years ago but I think they have since dispersed their stock.

Oh, do you have his phone number, or an address so I could send a letter maybe? Could you maybe PM it to me and I’ll see if I can get ahold of him? I doubt I’ll have much luck if you haven’t, but it couldn’t hurt to try. I also found what I believe is his facebook profile, but my message went to his “other” folder and he hasn’t seen it.